Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 10:55 AM

4 posts, read 3,114 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I am a real estate photographer in CA. I understand that not every listing can afford a professional photographer. Most realtors know the best angles for a home when photographing, but they don't have the time to learn all of the editing.

I am working on developing a service where the realtor sends their photos in, the photos are edited to look more professional, then sent back to be posted to MLS. This would NOT entail editing that lead to a legal/false advertising issue (telephone poles, nosy neighbors, etc).

Even with other marketing materials that real estate agents purchase, most homes are sold from the MLS, which is why the photos are so important.

If you would be interested in something like this please reply with your thoughts? Let me know what you would be willing to pay for a single listing? And any other feedback you have.

Thanks for your time,

Nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 11:05 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Price per photo may be more interesting.
Some MLSs allow 12 photos, and some allow many more.
Then there are slide shows with unlimited photos.

Not saying I would use the service, but pricing "per listing" may be difficult to nail down.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:24 AM

I see what you are saying, maybe there is tiered pricing which relates to your saying as well. 1-10 pictures 2-20 pictures, etc?

Could I ask what would stop you from using it so I understand?

Old 12-19-2015, 11:28 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photofxr View Post
I see what you are saying, maybe there is tiered pricing which relates to your saying as well. 1-10 pictures 2-20 pictures, etc?

Could I ask what would stop you from using it so I understand?
Tiered pricing is a good idea.

I think most of my photos are good enough to sell properties I list.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:54 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
For higher cost places we generally use photography that involves multiple exposures. Particularly on homes with nice views out the windows.

Without that I am not sure what would be worth paying for...

Light balance, blue sky and green grass?...Not worth much.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:02 PM

Yes, that is what I do for my listings as well.

I understand what you mean, most of the work that the service would provide would be brightening, straightening, etc. Most things that if people wanted to learn how to do they could, but I know that real estate agents have a lot of other things going on.

Old 12-19-2015, 03:11 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Before I found a photographer that I liked in my area, I used a service like that when I got really busy. I wouldn't often have the time to process my own photos so they would do it for me when I had many listings that had to come on soon. I guess, I think with the proliferation of real estate photographers now that agents that care about their photos will use one of those because they are very inexpensive (at least in my area).

Old 12-20-2015, 07:28 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
I think the agents who need your service wouldn't pay for it because they can't even recognize that their photos are bad to start with. Those of us who care are already either doing it ourselves or hiring pros to take and edit the photos.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:19 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
I think if an agent values photography enough that they would hire you to edit photos that they would be more likely to hire a photographer to do everything. Most agents who shoot their own either do work comparable to a pro or are of the mindset that shooting with an iPhone is "good enough." Your client would lie somewhere in between these two and I don't think that person exists or at least exists in high numbers. Sure, highly successful agents are busy and are willing to pay people to do things on their behalf but those agents are likely to just hire out the whole photography process not just part of it.

As they say on Shark Tank. I like your idea, but I just don't see how it can be scaled up . . . I'm out!

Old 12-22-2015, 09:41 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,249,015 times
You can fix the colors, contrast, brightness, etc. But you can't fix shadows, poor angles, and low resolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals