U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 10:40 AM

6,482 posts, read 9,657,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
It's a public forum. She discloses her username in her posts.
She does but I'm sure she didn't think someone would blow up her spot like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 10:40 AM

14,010 posts, read 32,913,714 times
Most agents don't know how to be helpful and not solicit. They would get ignored but consumers. I think if there are agents that want to join the conversation they are welcome. Always good to learn how other parts of the country do things.

That's funny that someone wanted to quote you as a source.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:58 AM

10,912 posts, read 29,400,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
She does say that, but it's more in the vein of don't advertise or you'll be thrown out before you can scare up any clients. Not, don't advertise because this isn't a place to prospect. It's a place to help people.
I say you have to give to get.

I am happy to assist in selling or buying homes in my area, if I am asked.

There are lots of ghost people on the forum that read and never post.

She likes the attention she has been given.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:21 AM

6,482 posts, read 9,657,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
That's funny that someone wanted to quote you as a source.
My wife almost lost it in front of the class. She held it in and laughed about it at home instead. Just goes to show how far reaching things you post on the internet are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I say you have to give to get.

I am happy to assist in selling or buying homes in my area, if I am asked.

There are lots of ghost people on the forum that read and never post.

She likes the attention she has been given.
I'm not saying that I've never picked up a client by posting here. However, I view it as a happy by product of why I'm here. It's not my purpose for posting. If you're doing something expecting something in return, it's usually pretty obvious.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM

5,620 posts, read 3,125,968 times
I am here because of that post. I joined, and so did my husband and business partner.

Already, I've found questions about our local area that I could answer, I tried to be helpful... and I'm just starting to find my way around the Real Estate and other Hobby/Interest forums, like pets and nature. It seems like there's lots of good content, it's a little overwhelming! My only hope is I don't spend TOO much time goofing off here.

I will try to be a valuable member of the forum. Let us know if we're making any newbie mistakes.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:35 AM

21,871 posts, read 13,112,457 times
Like others have said, I learn lots on the real estate forums. How different state laws are and how others practice real estate is fascinating to me.

I am on here to hand out a little good karma. If I happen to get a client and close - it's a wonderful surprise but not expected.

I do think that a lot of the 0 repped posters that only have 1 post have the most tragic stories to offer are trolls.

Happy New Year to everyone and may you gave a healthy and prosperous 2016.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:54 AM

2 posts, read 1,521 times
Default Here I am!

Am I the first one here? Yes, I saw the post and yes, I joined. I am not just here to "prospect," I bring value to the table. You saw the post because you are a member of the group that it was posted to. Why are you a member there? I will assume that it is for the same reason I am both there and here: to learn and to grow your business. If I get a client or two from here, they will be happy they found me, I assure you of that. In the meantime, I will be the same good citizen I am here just as I am in the Tampa Bay area: helpful, charitable and willing to help educate others on subjects I am knowledgeable about when they seek advice.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:09 PM

20,413 posts, read 37,811,250 times
I do wish she had said right up front, first thing in her post about C-D, to READ AND FOLLOW THE TOS. That should be the first thing that anyone joining a new forum should do, but as we all have seen, there are a lot of people who don't and jump right in breaking rules right and left with merry abandon (the primary one being spamming the boards soliciting business and/or trying to "push the envelope" to get around that rule, which is also specifically forbidden).

I've joined that page and for the most part it's pretty good, but a lot of questions she's being asked are answered in the TOS.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:24 PM

33,647 posts, read 58,353,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I do wish she had said right up front, first thing in her post about C-D, to READ AND FOLLOW THE TOS. That should be the first thing that anyone joining a new forum should do, but as we all have seen, there are a lot of people who don't and jump right in breaking rules right and left with merry abandon (the primary one being spamming the boards soliciting business and/or trying to "push the envelope" to get around that rule, which is also specifically forbidden).

I've joined that page and for the most part it's pretty good, but a lot of questions she's being asked are answered in the TOS.
THL..
You and Silverfall should recall the WoooHooo with the agent a few years ago, carried over to ActiveRain, and all the Rainers who said how stupid CD is because they cannot solicit?

LOL

Old 01-02-2016, 12:28 PM

14,010 posts, read 32,913,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
THL..
You and Silverfall should recall the WoooHooo with the agent a few years ago, carried over to ActiveRain, and all the Rainers who said how stupid CD is because they cannot solicit?

LOL
Yeah that was special.

Well CC and DH welcome to CD. Here's hoping you never get to meet FrozenAngel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or