Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:18 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,261,957 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used those online floorplan makers? I think they're a great idea and I'd love to include them in my marketing but I'm pathetic at measuring and just don't know whether I'd be able to do a good enough job on my side to have a decent finished product.

How hard is it to do? How precise do you need to be?

I'd love to get some feedback from agents who have actually used these services. Which one do you use? What do you think of the interface and/or process for creating the floorplan? How much time does it usually take? Is it worth the effort?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 07:42 PM

786 posts, read 3,912,587 times
I am not a realtor and have no experience with them but as a Buyer I think they are great. I love when realtors include a floorplan. It has helped me eliminate certain homes and add certain homes to my list of houses to see that I may not have chosen. I think it is even better than photos. Especially as we are doing our househunt from opposite coasts.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:48 AM

469 posts, read 1,481,535 times
CrissCT thank you so much for giving us your feedback. Just because of your post I will start adding it to my marketing. All of us good agents on here really care what you guys think. Please add anything else that makes your home shopping eaiser. Send me a personal message if you dont want to interupt the post and thank you again.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:05 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,734,711 times
The cost of the floor plan is about fourteen cents per square foot, which is about $420 for a 3000 sf home. Who's going to pay for it?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
The cost of the floor plan is about fourteen cents per square foot, which is about $420 for a 3000 sf home. Who's going to pay for it?
Different sites have different pricing structures. I've seen some that appeared quite affordably priced. My biggest concern has always been the amount of time (and skill) required to properly measure the house to get the correct info to the people creating the floorplan.

I know that I have seen at least one agent on this board who mentioned ALWAYS doing a floorplan for each listing. I'm hoping s/he will provide some insight as well as anyone else who has actually used them.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:50 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,734,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownHomes247 View Post
Different sites have different pricing structures. I've seen some that appeared quite affordably priced. My biggest concern has always been the amount of time (and skill) required to properly measure the house to get the correct info to the people creating the floorplan.

I know that I have seen at least one agent on this board who mentioned ALWAYS doing a floorplan for each listing. I'm hoping s/he will provide some insight as well as anyone else who has actually used them.
The company that charges .14/sf comes out and does a professional measuring job, on the outside and inside. They provide copies of the floor plan to you, and they have them on their web site, interactive, where clients can go and place furniture in the spaces to see how it works.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
The company that charges .14/sf comes out and does a professional measuring job, on the outside and inside. They provide copies of the floor plan to you, and they have them on their web site, interactive, where clients can go and place furniture in the spaces to see how it works.

Ahh, well having someone come out and do it would be a great relief, although I think I could get over my measurement paranoia to save a good bit of that money.

I've often wondered about http://www.floorplanonline.com , which has prices starting from $59 for a measure-it-yourself interative floorplan for homes under 2500 sq. ft. (just $49 for static floorplans, and I think they add $2/500 sq. ft. over 2500). That's one I've seriously considered trying. Hopefully someone on the board has experience with them

Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 PM

2,623 posts, read 7,395,278 times
A couple of people in my office have used floorplanonline.com for some of their new construction or high end listings. It was ready easy to use, but didn't really give them any direct calls from potential buyers but it is just an additional tool to offer to the seller.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:52 PM

739 posts, read 825,494 times
I use floorplans in all of my virtual tours, but I get them from the architects - not some outside service. I've also sold homes as a result of the on-line tours (not the terrible "fish eye" kind) where the buyer can see the floor plan layout and take a tour through the house seeing each room with the details spelled out below each picture. As the mouse moves from romm-to-room, the picture changes, showing what that room looks like from that vantage point.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:02 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,498,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead_Broker View Post
I've also sold homes as a result of the on-line tours (not the terrible "fish eye" kind) where the buyer can see the floor plan layout and take a tour through the house seeing each room with the details spelled out below each picture. As the mouse moves from romm-to-room, the picture changes, showing what that room looks like from that vantage point.
I hire a professional company to create online floor plan tours. Costs depends upon size $125-175. They make the link to the MLS and realtor.com as well as my own web site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals