Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2008, 07:18 PM

469 posts, read 1,480,257 times

Advertisements

Are foreclosure bus tours in good taste for realitors to run? I recently saw a news breif on this subject. Two agents in sacramento, california have put together bus tours of all new foreclosures every week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 07:48 PM

6 posts, read 35,082 times
With all of the foreclosures we will be having over the next few years, I think we will see more of these types for tours.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:38 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,825,161 times
I personally think that they are ridiculous. I personally would feel like a fool being herded on a bus and forced to home shop on someone else's timeline. The Realtors I choose to do business with (both personal and on a professional level) better give my clients and I a very personal and committed 100% of their time and energy. I also don't believe that they are going to see any serious investors on these bus tours, as the serious investors are 2 steps ahead of the game.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:44 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,550,598 times
Some Realtors are doing the foreclosure bus gig in Tampa as well. It's kind of deja vu that when DH and I were into real estate investments in the early 2000's that the bus tours were conducted by investors.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:49 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,843,059 times
I think its a great idea to get folks to see a number of homes at one time, call me crazy. If its that crazy with forclosures where you are, then I would be all for it. It seems to me, everyone wins here

Old 02-17-2008, 12:15 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,373,575 times
Its a great idea, its about marketing, or like going to an auction, as it increases the possibility for the agents. Physcology at its best.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,740 times
I personally think that you have to involve realtors to have these bus tours. The "bank owned" real estate goes to the real estate offices first. They see these properties months ahead of time. And there is just so much inventory, that the bus tours are the way to go. Seasoned investors don't have enough money to buy all the good deal. Plus, if they are that seasoned, they wouldn't even be looking at single family homes, they would be buying multi-units. So, for anyone looking for a great deal, I think that foreclosure bus tours are the way to go, especially if you are looking to get more info about the area or looking to find local contractors, inspectors, etc.

The inventory is piled up everywhere. It's so massive that home buyers and investors are tired of driving around looking at deals. So the bus tour is definitely the way to go.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:52 PM

634 posts, read 1,553,216 times
Angry Bus tours give sellers a wide range of exposure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
I personally think that they are ridiculous. I personally would feel like a fool being herded on a bus and forced to home shop on someone else's timeline. The Realtors I choose to do business with (both personal and on a professional level) better give my clients and I a very personal and committed 100% of their time and energy. I also don't believe that they are going to see any serious investors on these bus tours, as the serious investors are 2 steps ahead of the game.
I have news for you Daddy with this market where I am I can see 20+ houses a week and not even come close to seeing them all. The inventory is so high. I do not understand why a lender would say this? "The Realtors I choose to do business with (both personal and on a professional level) better give my clients and I a very personal and committed 100% of their time and energy." This sounds very snobish. I hit the ground running every morning to keep up with HUD forclosures coming on the market.

For sellers in forclosure or not this gives them excellant exposure. If I have a buyer with specific needs I can find them in some of the most unexpected places. This has happened to me more than once, so I think you pretending this is somehow degrading to your clients is something I have to call you on!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:13 AM

1,024 posts, read 4,121,433 times
I'm waiting to see agents advertise "private, exclusive foreclosure tours at your convenience".
But wait, that would be like what real clients get from an agent. :P

Old 01-15-2009, 06:43 PM

634 posts, read 1,553,216 times
Funny Sandy, I think the big Brokerages will be offering these types of tours soon because there will be so many forclosures. The title companies use to sponsor these types of things here but they can't anymore. It is funny how in my area I keep seeing the same agents at HUD's, maybe we should save on gas and start going together!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals