Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:12 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueyedCat View Post
We are also going through USAA and I'm just now reading this. I think the world of our Realtor and don't want her to loose any monies that should have been for her. We have outstanding credit and can go with any Bank. We have everything with USAA and thought it'd be great to have our mortgage with them also. If this is true; I'll use someone besides USAA.
Won't matter what lender you use, your agent will still have to pay the referral fee. If you are happy with the USAA rates and service use them because your agent will get dinged if you don't and still have to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 AM

749 posts, read 1,789,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Won't matter what lender you use, your agent will still have to pay the referral fee. If you are happy with the USAA rates and service use them because your agent will get dinged if you don't and still have to pay.
Thanks Brandon! We're learning more and more about this everyday. This is the first time we've used USAA in buying a home. We have everything through them so thought we'd get our home with them also. But we're also learning that some sellers won't accept offers with buyers who are going with USAA because they take too long to close. Have you heard of that? I just don't want to find our dream home and loose it to someone else because of this. Homes here where I'm at are getting multiple offers in one day again. Especially the nicer ones.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueyedCat View Post
Thanks Brandon! We're learning more and more about this everyday. This is the first time we've used USAA in buying a home. We have everything through them so thought we'd get our home with them also. But we're also learning that some sellers won't accept offers with buyers who are going with USAA because they take too long to close. Have you heard of that? I just don't want to find our dream home and loose it to someone else because of this. Homes here where I'm at are getting multiple offers in one day again. Especially the nicer ones.
It wouldn't be fair to comment on your market because it could vary from mine. Here I've never had a resale balk at USAA but builders often times want you to use their own lender. We aren't and never have been a big time bubble/sellers market so I have no idea what it's like to be in one.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM

749 posts, read 1,789,087 times
Quote:
It wouldn't be fair to comment on your market because it could vary from mine. Here I've never had a resale balk at USAA but builders often times want you to use their own lender. We aren't and never have been a big time bubble/sellers market so I have no idea what it's like to be in one.
Homes here are going the day the hit the market, multiple offers which bump up the prices. I'm in North San Diego County. What we're being told is that USAA may take 45 days; which is no problem for us but is for some sellers. So we also went ahead and got pre-approval with another Bank just in case. We're still going to try to go through USAA. Hopefully it'll work out. Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:43 PM

804 posts, read 2,891,278 times
Quote:
Question 4 on the survey they send you after closing allows you to rate the Realtor. If they don't receive positive reviews they are dropped from the approved agent list. The cash back rebate is the reason most people use the program or anything similar.
Thank you. We never did receive any survey from our realtor or USAA. I was hoping we would I have a book I can write about our realtor. Nice enough gal, just needs some tweeks to how she does things.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:56 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,147,991 times
If you contact USAA directly, you can ask them to remail the survey out to you. I've heard that they will start emailing them in the third quarter.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onevthoki View Post
If you contact USAA directly, you can ask them to remail the survey out to you. I've heard that they will start emailing them in the third quarter.
And you need to provide your new address even though they just did the loan on it. I know it's silly but...

Old 04-05-2014, 04:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,754 times
I was working with a client for two months, a client that was referred to me by a past client, we were fully executed on a contract and in our option period. After the fact my client applied for the USAA program and my company then switched this to "an agent generated" USAA referral and suddenly they were entitled to 37.5% of my commission ... yes folks, they back-doored their way into the deal. What did USAA do to earn a fee on this one?

Old 04-05-2014, 05:27 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
Well, obviously if your company switched them to a USAA referral then you need to take that up with your broker, as he/she is the one that let USAA backdoor in without even providing a referral.

USAA is horrible. I have had several clients use them for loans and never had one go smooth. Just read their reviews, terrible. I am a USAA member but there is no way in HADES I would ever use them for a mortgage. Ever. They are that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals