Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2008, 01:05 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,396,546 times

Advertisements

I specialize in the luxury market in San Antonio. I've currently got 5 unbelievable lots for sale in one of the top subdivisions in the city for luxury homes. I'm currently marketing to other builders in this price range to buy for a spec home (as they're all selling well), but I'm looking to get creative with some marketing to consumers directly. Does anyone have anything unique that they've done in the past to market residential lots of this caliber?

FYI...they're priced between $250,000 and $315,000 for 1.5 to 2.25 acres. Incredible views. Hundreds of Oaks. several great building sites. Homes in the neighborhood start at $950,000 and go way up from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 01:38 PM

739 posts, read 825,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I specialize in the luxury market in San Antonio. I've currently got 5 unbelievable lots for sale in one of the top subdivisions in the city for luxury homes. I'm currently marketing to other builders in this price range to buy for a spec home (as they're all selling well), but I'm looking to get creative with some marketing to consumers directly. Does anyone have anything unique that they've done in the past to market residential lots of this caliber?

FYI...they're priced between $250,000 and $315,000 for 1.5 to 2.25 acres. Incredible views. Hundreds of Oaks. several great building sites. Homes in the neighborhood start at $950,000 and go way up from there.
You can always do two things; first, get the name of every decent architect in the area. Send them the info and ask if they have clients who have approached them about having a custom home designed but do not yet have their lot. The other is to find the builders in your area (assuming that the neighborhood you are marketing in does not prohibit this, i.e. has a builder group in place) who only do, or whose primary business is, custom homes versus spec homes. Let them know you have lots available if they have a client who is looking for lots in the area.

Best of luck!

Old 02-25-2008, 02:24 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,396,546 times
Thanks. I've actually already started approaching builders for them, but not architects. This is actually a really cool opportunity for builders because there are only 7 preferred builders in the neighborhood, meaning they get first pick of the lots and usually get the best ones. My client that's selling is one of the preferred builders, so these are some of the best lots available. New builders are allowed to purchase and build after the preferred have their crack at them. I'll definitely hunt down some architects though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals