Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 08:24 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,009,958 times

Advertisements

I'm your customer, not a Realtor. I'm an investor, I buy, rent and sell houses.

First of all I don't want anybody there except me and my Realtor when I view a house. If the house is occupied and the house is occupied, I want the sellers to just do whatever they would be doing if I wasn't there. Preferably I would hope they have the sense to visit a neighbor or otherwise absent themselves. If I had to have the listing Realtor there too I'd just tell my Realtor, "Skip that one, seller is probably a PITA." Too much hassle to arrange appointments, there are always more houses to look at. Preferably vacant.

I could tell you stories... Like the one where the family was there and the Mrs. started following me around giving me a non-stop sales pitch and pointing out all the features and benefits of her house. After about a minute I took my Realtor aside and told her, "Tell the seller to shut up or I'm out of here!" She had a word with the seller who took the advice.

Nope, no reason for LA to be there unless it's a $1M+ property. Definitely for a $20M property. (My properties are in the $250K range.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 07:40 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,137,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
I just explain the process. I show them the Supra lockbox and explain that a cooperating agent with a buyer will contact the showing service, the service will notify the seller, the seller will vacate for the showing,
That right there. If they don't oppose the lockbox then you're off the hook for attending all showings. Easy peasy.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:46 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 5 days ago)

43,080 posts, read 76,631,641 times
"That commission rate I quoted you is based on typical modern business arrangements.
I can come to showings.
Let's talk about a down payment now toward a bit higher commission rate."

Old 01-10-2017, 11:39 AM

25,119 posts, read 16,099,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
In my town, some accompany, some don't. "Agent must accompany" is stated on MLS for those that do. But otherwise it's an unstructured mess which makes those that accompany seem like hard workers, and those that don't seem like lazybums.

One time, I told a seller that homeshoppers/agents don't like LA's to be present, and he responded with an incredulous "Really?" This is the kind of seller I need a defense against.
You should be able to ....

1. Look up the stats in your MLS (I'm sure it's a searchable data field) for % of homes with LA present vs not. Certainly the "crapshacks" you speak of at least

2. Compare those stats - which homes sell faster? Which homes sell for more? Because, if lo and behold, LA accompanied sold faster/higher then I'd suggest you go that route. Otherwise, you should have all the reasoning from stats as to why your presence is actually a detriment.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:49 PM

10,907 posts, read 21,872,076 times
Don't really ask them anything, I just tell them if they want to sell the best thing is leave lights on, blinds open, soft music, and get out of the house.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:29 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,009,958 times
I'd go for de-clutter, paint walls neutral, lights on, blinds open, and get out of the house.

No just baked cookies , and I'd skip the music too. Definitely no LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals