Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 11:37 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,285,481 times

Advertisements

So, this is not for me...but for my friend. We had a fabulous agent who sold our home, but the agent who we bought from (different area) wasn't so hot...well, the one half of the partner was great the other half stunk and we had to work with the stinky half b/c the other was away . ANYWAY, we had recommended them to my friend BEFORE we knew how stinky the partner was.
So, my friend came into town and this agent took her around and long story short, the agent was very rude to the sales woman where my friend wants to buy a new home. friend was not happy. Now this agent is giving her the run around...my friend wants to buy within 30 days and this agent just isn't getting back to her and when she does my friend gets the impression that she isn't being truthful. friend can't use the partner b/c she is still out on leave. (We thought she would be back by the time friend sold her home but friend got lucky and sold her home qucikly)
She never signed an agreement and the agent said she trusted friend...Makes it seem bad, I know. But it isn't fair to my friend to be working with someone who isn't being "nice" so to speak.
So, should she email the agent and tell her there are personality conflicts and that she will be going with another agent? Should she offer to pay for the gas of the agent for driving her around that day? (they only went to a few properties)
Thoughts?

Last edited by ShannonMilligan; 03-04-2008 at 11:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 11:59 AM

I edited to change some specifics...never know who is on here, lol!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:22 PM

429 posts, read 727,428 times
If your friend truly isn't happy and isn't getting the customer service that she deserves from the agent you referred her to then, yes, she should contact him and let him know that she will be hiring another agent. If her asks why he is being released, please ask your friend to be honest and tell him what she expected from him and where he fell short. Hopefully, this will be a learning experience for him and make him a better agent. If not, then unfortunately, this may happen to him again. I imagine the other agent on his team will get tired of "carrying" him after a while and he may soon find himself looking for another profession. As Realtors, the service we provide must make us stand out (in a good way), this is how we build our clientel. Referrals from past clients are a testament to our character, our work ethic and our dedication to our clients.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:48 PM

thank you. i think the only thing she has to worry about if procurring cause...but my friend is the one who said she wanted to live in this community-not like the agent found it.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:00 PM

15,495 posts, read 40,198,114 times
Procuring cause has to show an unbroken chain of events, so it is a little bit more complicated that just showing someone a house. I would let the agent that does write up the offer that another agent showed her the house initially so she is prepared in case...If she doesn't like and trust her, she doesn't like and trust her. Agents can't get along with every type of personality.

She needs to call the agent and tell her she has decided to work with another agent. it will be a good growth experience for the agent.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:25 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,872,458 times
Since she hasn't signed an agreement of any kind she is free to go about her business and purchase with any agent of her choosing. Procuring cause, since there is no agreement signed, has nothing to do with the buyer. That would be between agencies AFTER the deal closes and the burden of 'proof' so to speak sits on the shoulders of the first sales associate. An email letting her know her services are no longer required nips that in the bud and she would have no case.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:01 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,541,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnsonRE View Post
If your friend truly isn't happy and isn't getting the customer service that she deserves from the agent you referred her to then, yes, she should contact him and let him know that she will be hiring another agent. If her asks why he is being released, please ask your friend to be honest and tell him what she expected from him and where he fell short. Hopefully, this will be a learning experience for him and make him a better agent. If not, then unfortunately, this may happen to him again. I imagine the other agent on his team will get tired of "carrying" him after a while and he may soon find himself looking for another profession. As Realtors, the service we provide must make us stand out (in a good way), this is how we build our clientel. Referrals from past clients are a testament to our character, our work ethic and our dedication to our clients.
You are writing what I always try to point out. If realtors work as you have stated they will get referrals and will make a lot of money even in todays market. Are you in the Tampa area?

Old 03-05-2008, 01:02 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,541,014 times
Sorry, when I gave you a reputation point I noticed you are in N-C. To bad for us in the Tampa area.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:24 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,226,721 times
When ditching an agent it's very important that you observe several things.

First make sure the landing gear is up.
Try and land parallel to the swells.
Land at the slowest approach speed possible.
Your seat cushion may be used as a flotation device.

Don't worry about your personal safety, your agent will absorb most of the impact.

My apologies for this the header just put a visual in my head I couldn't ignore.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:37 PM

Well, my friend is going to "ride it out" with this agent. I think if she were selling a home she would get rid of her, but she is buying a new construction home and as long as the agent can negogitate a decent price...
anyway, thanks for the advice. I can say this realtor will get no more referrals from us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals