Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:51 AM

5,048 posts, read 9,558,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
The only copy of the contract is with the 91 year old owner at her nursing home. The 91 year old woman was going to be reviewing the offer the next day.

My family is long lived and they are very bright, with it elderly people.

But my first thought here is...what degree of nursing is needed in your seller's case?

Something sounds fishy about this buyer's agent. Is the seller really 91?

Have you looked up online gis info for the property owner and searched the name a bit? Sure, to you original question, that may be ethical. But not sure about the rest.
Fifth line should read seller's agent, as you seem to have gotten anyway.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:53 AM

5,048 posts, read 9,558,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lra0419 View Post
That is the part that left us feeling especially sick about the situation, and this is also what bothered our agent the most. I had looked her up but I couldn't find very much information. I thought she might possibly have a son that lived in the area based on the little information I was able to find, but we were told she had to handle the sale all by herself.
Agreed. (I meant to say "seller's" agent there, as you seem to have gotten anyway.)

Keep us updated.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:59 PM

658 posts, read 822,205 times
Seller can pick an offer based on a Cover letter, or any term that is appealing. VA offer are appealing to sellers whom are also VA etc etc. So many factors, nearly impossible to guess if something was not right or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals