Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:23 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,239,424 times

Advertisements

I like the gas card! I have actually gotten a few of those, and that is a popular raffle gift at our monthly board membership meetings. We ALL want to win the gas cards!!!

Like everyone has said, the referral is the BEST gift you can ever give. It shows us that you really were happy with our service and are willing to tell your family and friends about us.

I actually feel awkward when a client gives me a gift. After all, I am just doing my job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 07:59 AM

181 posts, read 408,148 times
I have to agree with everyone that suggested referrals! That is the ultimate gift to me since you were so happy that you would recommend me to friends!

But I am by no means saying the home baked goodies that some clients have brought to the office were not also greatly appreciated!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:05 PM

982 posts, read 3,479,315 times
Agreed. I'd much rather have referrals than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
A card and a referral when you have is all we need. Thank you.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:37 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,879,636 times
I appreciate everything and anything that is given to me... it a gift for goodness sakes.
I also appreciate my buyers that give me nothing but kind words and a hearty thanks. Heck, some of them just help me have a great day just by laughing at my sense of humor.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:25 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,145,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin2buy View Post
Just curious....how do you realtors feel about a hefty gas card? Lord knows she burned through a ton of it showing me houses! Otherwise I was thinking a gift certificate to the college book store 2 of her 3 college age children attend. Or maybe one of each? I know the book store idea is not for her specifically, but she's paying for the majority of their tuition/books so it will lighten the load a bit. We aren't really spa kind of people. Any thoughts?
Wonderful idea. Having a house warming party and inviting the Realtor is a great idea, also. It allows him/her to see the fruition of their labors to see you so happy in the home - and also to meet your friends and family for future business (in a passive non-threatening way). A card is great. It doesn't need to be an expensive thing. Buying a house is sometimes very stressful and drawn out. I have had people cry at the closing table because they thought that was the last time they were going to see me and we had just gone through so much. I keep in contact with past clients and feel that they become part of my larger family. We do have a great job.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:30 AM

17 posts, read 49,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjack View Post
Hi Everyone...I was hoping to get some feedback from professionals in the RE business.

Is it customary for a buyer to give a thank you gift to their realtor? And if so, what? Wine, flowers, or something more??

My realtor has gone above and beyond for me. She got me a great deal, upgrades, and landscaping extras so I won't have to look at cut down tree stubs. She even gave me personally 3 gifts: $3400 in closing credit, garage door opener w/installation, and paid someone to paint my garage. I would like to get her something to say thank you, but not sure what and if I should. I really know nothing about her likes or hobbies, so I'm limited in that regard. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
$3400 back to you in closing credit. How much she made from the deal?
You might rethink if you still want to give gift when you found that out.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:18 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,145,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stenson View Post
$3400 back to you in closing credit. How much she made from the deal?
You might rethink if you still want to give gift when you found that out.
If I gave back a $3400 closing credit it would sometimes mean I would make nothing and actually owe my broker money.

Honestly, how many other people would you expect to work for free? Something tells me you don't work for free at your job. This is how we make our living - the money doesn't go for trips to Europe and yachts. I can tell you for certain that Realtors making a living at this put in a lot of hours.

This job really isn't like House Hunters on HGTV, where they show 3 houses for $400K, do nothing else - and make an easy $12K. That would be a wonderful world if it were anything close to that - but there is a very good reason that so many new realtors only can afford to hang on one year or less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals