Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 04:02 PM

19,399 posts, read 27,703,839 times

Advertisements

I live in a hot real estate market (Raleigh/Durham/Cary/Chapel Hill) but my community is currently more of warmish real estate market (especially the houses >$650,000 and, obviously the $1 million dollar houses. No, folks, I don't live in either one of those.)

In the last two days, I've gotten two robo-calls from the same agent with Keller-Williams. I am on the do not call list. The subject of these calls is the low inventory in the area and how great a job this guy can do selling my house. The words "for top dollar" were probably in there someplace.

I'm wondering - is this Kosher? If not, is it reasonable to call the broker in charge of his office? His webpage states that he is a Realtor®

For the agents in my local area: I live in Brier Creek Country Club and this guy is working in Chapel Hill. Which makes these calls even more stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 04:06 PM

14,416 posts, read 11,954,182 times
If you're on the do not call list, and if you have no relationship with the caller, I would ask the agent to be removed from the list. I think all robo callers should have a method for getting off the list. They are bound to the Do not call Registry, and the fines can be steep if they don't honor it.

FWIW, call the agent in question, before complaining to the broker. Because he's the guy with the list making the calls. He's the guy who can remove you.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:08 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 22 days ago)

43,176 posts, read 76,815,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I live in a hot real estate market (Raleigh/Durham/Cary/Chapel Hill) but my community is currently more of warmish real estate market (especially the houses >$650,000 and, obviously the $1 million dollar houses. No, folks, I don't live in either one of those.)

In the last two days, I've gotten two robo-calls from the same agent with Keller-Williams. I am on the do not call list. The subject of these calls is the low inventory in the area and how great a job this guy can do selling my house. The words "for top dollar" were probably in there someplace.

I'm wondering - is this Kosher? If not, is it reasonable to call the broker in charge of his office?
"Kosher?"
Ask yer rabbi.

Classy, Considerate, Professional? Nope. He's 0 for 3, and clearly a jerk to boot.
1. You have the DNC.
2. Robocalls for business are illegal in NC.

No decent person robocalls anyone, or Slydials for business purposes.
No considerate person ever even telemarkets.

Absolutely call the broker in charge and make a respectful request, with the clear connotation that the next time, "respect" may be a vague and fungible concept.

I disagree on even contemplating calling the agent. Clearly a conniving, self-centered jerk. The ego-centric rationalization would probably overcome your request.
Go straight to the BIC who is personally responsible for that sort of misbehavior by ALL brokers he/she supervises.
It would be a huge favor to the BIC and the industry. The BIC certainly needs to know about this behavior, and it reflects on the entire KW Market Center.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:16 PM

19,399 posts, read 27,703,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"Kosher?"
Ask yer rabbi.

Classy, Considerate, Professional? Nope. He's 0 for 3, and clearly a jerk to boot.
1. You have the DNC.
2. Robocalls for business are illegal in NC.

No decent person robocalls anyone, or Slydials for business purposes.
No considerate person ever even telemarkets.

Absolutely call the broker in charge and make a respectful request, with the clear connotation that the next time, "respect" may be a vague and fungible concept.

I disagree on even contemplating calling the agent. Clearly a conniving, self-centered jerk. The ego-centric rationalization would probably overcome your request.
Go straight to the BIC who is personally responsible for that sort of misbehavior by ALL brokers she supervises.
It would be a huge favor to the BIC and the industry. The BIC certainly needs to know about this behavior, and it reflects on the entire KW Market Center.
That pretty much wraps up my thoughts.

Based on his (lack of) presence on the internet, listings that are already closed (and just a few of those) links on his webpage that go nowhere, and his headshot, I'd say this guy is very new to the business. Does that change your suggestion at all, Mike?

Old 07-17-2017, 04:49 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,823,061 times
No, its probably not Kosher.

Kosher is what Jews eat or dont eat.

Are you a Jew?

Old 07-17-2017, 05:41 PM

525 posts, read 657,909 times
No Mo RoBo. Dot Com. Look it up.

And just ignore the calls. It will save you stress.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
That pretty much wraps up my thoughts.

Based on his (lack of) presence on the internet, listings that are already closed (and just a few of those) links on his webpage that go nowhere, and his headshot, I'd say this guy is very new to the business. Does that change your suggestion at all, Mike?
It changes my thoughts not a bit.
Bear in mind, even with an Active lapse of character and judgement like this, he is still currently acting as, and prospecting to act as, a fiduciary to people and to their acquisition and disposal of one of their largest assets.
He needs guidance.
At least he is early enough into it that he may be redeemable, if he has a conscientious BIC.

OTOH, if he is new enough that he is a Provisional Broker, the BIC should already know he is doing this.
Interesting topic...

Old 07-17-2017, 09:17 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,146,620 times
when you say robo-calls...you mean it's a recording, right? or, it calls you, when you pick up there's a pause and he's live on the other end?

Old 07-18-2017, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
when you say robo-calls...you mean it's a recording, right? or, it calls you, when you pick up there's a pause and he's live on the other end?
Currently, DC legislators are working to make business robocalls legal, particularly mass Slydial robocalls.

I already get Slydial calls and mass texts from agents and lenders.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:44 AM

9,355 posts, read 14,010,665 times
Soliciting, not robocalling. Can be irritating, nonetheless. Especially if he calls several times. I get these calls occasionally too, since I own several acres in a growth area.

Generally I see them as people desperate for clients. Often it is a relative (son or spouse) that is soliciting for an independent agent. I am sure they are looking for particular types of property to list, either in a certain narrow location, of a certain acreage, or where a bunch of houses are selling quickly.

(Never heard of slydial--googletime.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals