Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,145 times

Advertisements

I am 38 with 4 kids, this Sept. will be the first year they are all in school and I am pursuing a career in real estate. I stayed self employed with various business ventures and online marketing to keep them out of daycare all these years, I learned a ton and worked my butt off. It is only now with my skills and life experience that I think I would have a chance at it, most certainly would have given up in my younger days given the work I now know is involved in becoming successful at it. Luckily, I have always been genuinely very interested in RE and gained a lot of knowledge just by living life.

At least know you're not alone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 01:42 PM

10 posts, read 5,155 times
I turned 55 today! I got my license last fall. So far I'm down about $5,000 but things are looking up! I expect to break even by summer. But I am taking the slow route. I advertise as opposed to cold calling and door knocking. Just don't want to be that pesky type. But I have the money in reserve to have that luxury.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:12 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,487,298 times
Do it. See if you like the classes.
That's the first step.
Remember the classes probably give you the very basics.

You have lots of catching up to do.

You can do it.

Work hard, makes lots of calls. Join a company with exponential growth, that is profitable, and debt free.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:43 PM

27 posts, read 16,935 times
I am a licensed Property manager and worked for a year for a small small property management business but she went out of business. I was in Real Estate 9 years ago. I am considering going back in Real Estate instead because Property Management is much harder to get a job. I had no problems with getting a Real Estate job with Keller Williams.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:56 PM

103 posts, read 98,393 times
I got my RE License at 57. I'm 61 now and it's been a great experience. I teamed up with a younger listing Guru, I'm her Buyer's Rep, and it's worked out wonderfully.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:11 PM

661 posts, read 833,000 times
An agent in our neighborhood is in his 60's at least and has been putting flyers on our door for about three years now. It is starting to pay off for him, he always has 5-10 listing, most have closed at least 2-3 dozen homes last year. Not bad for 60's and considering the homes average from $500k-$800K he is getting many nice commissions.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:01 PM

197 posts, read 301,999 times
Thank you all for replies,
I decided to not take RE course at this time, instead, I checked out book "real estate licensing exams" by Raymond D. Modglin (it's from idiot's guides series). I have to tell you, I found interesting to read this guide, and as a plus, there are sample exam's tests. Next course, starts at fall, so I should be finished my book by this time and go from that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals