Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:39 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,129,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcoasting View Post
You are in Florida. When we first file for our license we have finger prints taken and a background check. After that, there is nothing that comes directly from me. I looked in the regulations but they are very long and I couldn't find if I had a responsibility to report to the commission if I have been convicted of anything since licensure. I have no idea how they keep track of what happens with a person once they already have a license if it's outside of the real estate realm. Unless it's reported to the DPBR/FREC they would have no idea. So, if you are really concerned about it, report it to the state agency. The loyalty issue regarding your 'friend' is a personal one and I wouldn't even attempt to influence you one way or the other.
In Arizona, on the original license application, there is a question "Have you ever been convicted .......". Fingerprints an verification of fingerprints are also required.

Our law requires a licensee to report, within 10 days from conviction, any adverse criminal issue.

Our law also requires, upon renewal of a license, the question "have you, since your last renewal been convicted ...." be answerd.

Our regulatory body spot checks criminal data bases upon renewal of licenses.

They catch a bunch of people who either did not inform the department or, who lied on the application
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 10:00 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,541,014 times
This person started to take the realtor course and got the license months after being arrested and in the middle of the trial against this person.
How do they catch a bunch of people who lied on their application, just by checking or by getting these people reported?

Old 03-23-2008, 10:32 AM

11,815 posts, read 34,279,523 times
I am sure the application said "Have you been convicted of a felony"

In Colorado, all licensees submit to fingerprint CBI/FBI backround checks.

I am sure there are a few that have since been convicted; the Real Estate Director would sure like to know about them.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:34 AM

930 posts, read 2,416,500 times
Its not a bad resume when you think about it.

Worked with financial institutions to alleviate their storage issues - 5 years
Made License plates - 10 to 20 years
Realtor - 6 months

Old 03-23-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Its not a bad resume when you think about it.

Worked with financial institutions to alleviate their storage issues - 5 years
Made License plates - 10 to 20 years
Realtor - 6 months
Can you explain, I don't understand what you try to say?

Old 03-23-2008, 11:12 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,872,458 times
Ya know, I've never paid attention to the renewal thing... I don't recall if it asks that or not. I just pay the fee online, I don't remember filling out any kind of questionaire or anything. I'll have to check that out. Hmmm.... Thanks.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:48 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,655,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This person started to take the realtor course and got the license months after being arrested and in the middle of the trial against this person.
How do they catch a bunch of people who lied on their application, just by checking or by getting these people reported?
The Licensure board for the state does correlate the applications with public records and discrepancies are noted and discussed. If needed, there is a formal hearing.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:

Just an FYI - there is no such thing as a "REALTOR course". REALTORS are not a licensing entity. They are a membership organization

One can have a real estate license, sell real estate, and never be a REALTOR.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Just an FYI - there is no such thing as a "REALTOR course". REALTORS are not a licensing entity. They are a membership organization

One can have a real estate license, sell real estate, and never be a REALTOR.
Is that in every State the same?

Old 03-23-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Is that in every State the same?
Yes. REALTORS do not license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals