Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 11:08 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,286,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I just took the state exam today and passed !

I was glad to not have to take it again especially since the testing center was about 2 hours away each way.
What's that in LA? 10 to 15 blocks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 11:20 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,423,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
What's that in LA? 10 to 15 blocks?
Haha sometimes it can be ! It was actually from the valley to La Palma which is close to Knotts Berry Farm .

Old 03-05-2018, 04:03 PM

6,367 posts, read 5,470,291 times
Well...passed national and state on the first try today. Woop!

Was definitely more difficult than I had anticipated. Very different wording of questions and terms than my course and study materials; but passed all the same!

My studying consisted of taking the "post review session" practice exam online. Scored 91% after completing it in only an hour in "testing conditions"....that certainly built confidence which may have helped when confronted with an actual exam that was more complicated than expected!

Old 03-05-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Well...passed national and state on the first try today. Woop!

Was definitely more difficult than I had anticipated. Very different wording of questions and terms than my course and study materials; but passed all the same!

My studying consisted of taking the "post review session" practice exam online. Scored 91% after completing it in only an hour in "testing conditions"....that certainly built confidence which may have helped when confronted with an actual exam that was more complicated than expected!
Congrats !

Old 03-12-2018, 09:55 PM

6,367 posts, read 5,470,291 times
Here's another question...how long after passing your RE licensing test did you actually receive your license? I assume it comes in the mail? It's been a week and I'm admittedly getting antsy!

Old 03-12-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Here's another question...how long after passing your RE licensing test did you actually receive your license? I assume it comes in the mail? It's been a week and I'm admittedly getting antsy!
In CA they have something called elicense which allows you to schedule the exam and then right after you can print it too . They don’t mail out the license in CA ..they say you can print it .. but they do mail out a license card.. which I thought was interesting .

Old 03-12-2018, 10:01 PM

Found this for NC ..
Look at #33

Once you pass the exam, the character section of your application is reviewed. If there are no issues relating to character, your license will be promptly issued and should be received in the mail within seven days of the examination date. If there is any issue relating to character, your application will be reviewed by Commission staff and may be referred to the Commission for further consideration. This process may become quite lengthy. See pgs 12-13 of Real Estate Licensing in NC (RELINC) for details.

https://www.ncrec.gov/Licensing/Licensingfaq

In CA they gave me obtain to do livescan background check before taking the exam

Old 03-13-2018, 12:57 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,477,536 times
Take a prep class. Probably well worth the money.
This coming from someone who did not take the prep class.
For my agent test I studied a lot. Probably hrs a day for a week. Passed the first time.

Brokers test...intended to study...got the date wrong...and had to take test on the fly without any study. That was stressful, but passed the first time.

I don't remember the scores either time, but I'm guessing in the 90s.

The hard part is the stuff you never use...never see. Metes and bounds surveys for example are almost never used anywhere close to where I live. Same with leagues, labor and varas. That's the stuff that can trick you up.

I never thought the math was that hard, but some people missed the day the teacher went over percentages ....what is 20% of 100,000. If interest is 5% a year on 100,000 interest only loan. Not an issue for me I don't think, but lots of agents seem to have fits with this. None of those questions I got were hard...and did not require putting it to paper....

I'm guessing only 50% or less of the people who start classes take the test.
I saw the pass rates of different schools online somewhere.
At best I think there was about a 50% pass rate....so probably pays to study.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
Take a prep class. Probably well worth the money.
This coming from someone who did not take the prep class.
For my agent test I studied a lot. Probably hrs a day for a week. Passed the first time.

Brokers test...intended to study...got the date wrong...and had to take test on the fly without any study. That was stressful, but passed the first time.

I don't remember the scores either time, but I'm guessing in the 90s.

The hard part is the stuff you never use...never see. Metes and bounds surveys for example are almost never used anywhere close to where I live. Same with leagues, labor and varas. That's the stuff that can trick you up.

I never thought the math was that hard, but some people missed the day the teacher went over percentages ....what is 20% of 100,000. If interest is 5% a year on 100,000 interest only loan. Not an issue for me I don't think, but lots of agents seem to have fits with this. None of those questions I got were hard...and did not require putting it to paper....

I'm guessing only 50% or less of the people who start classes take the test.
I saw the pass rates of different schools online somewhere.
At best I think there was about a 50% pass rate....so probably pays to study.
I passed the agent test the first time . I did study but also had experience investing over the years plus just being interested in real estate for a long time . I am in a Facebook group that is for prep study .. and some people post that they took the test like 7 times.

I’ve heard stats that most people fail the first time but haven’t seen any official stats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals