Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 07:17 PM

777 posts, read 2,370,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Nice . Did you have previous real estate experience before taking the exam ?

Wow 8 attempts . I wonder what the record is . I guess at least she was persistent.
Yes, I was a real estate appraiser. But, I think if you just don't miss any classes and take the practice tests, it should be fairly easy to pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 07:22 PM

6,325 posts, read 5,418,275 times
Took my course exam on Sunday; got the scores today. 92%. Paid attention in class; did readings throughout the week (I was in a weekend class) practiced settlement statements a bit, and took the practice quizzes in my workbook. Didn't study the night before; looked through some of the sections I was less confident on during morning review session.

No idea how the actual license exam will compare to my course exam; but I guess I'll find out soon enough!

Old 02-21-2018, 08:43 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,324,858 times
I just took the state exam today and passed !

I was glad to not have to take it again especially since the testing center was about 2 hours away each way.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:00 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 5 days ago)

43,081 posts, read 76,631,641 times
Quote:
I just took the state exam today and passed !

I was glad to not have to take it again especially since the testing center was about 2 hours away each way.

Congratulations!

But....
Spoiler
Don't appear to be so surprised that you passed!

Old 02-22-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

Congratulations!

But....
Spoiler
Don't appear to be so surprised that you passed!
I agree very much with this spoiler! haha.

While I'm generally a believer of humility; I was pretty confident that I'd done well on the course exam and anticipate doing well on the license exam. While the superstition in me doesn't want to jinx anything; I feel like if you are taking a test to determine the start of a new career...you should be confident that you'll do well!

Old 02-22-2018, 07:44 AM

Thank you!
I was pretty confident I would pass . I guess it was more being excited and happy about passing . Being interested in real estate for a long time and being involved in investment deals and the process of buying my own home and then selling it which helped . I also did spend a good amount of time studying and taking practice exams .

Of course you really don’t know what questions they will ask as there is a lot to real estate .
When I reviewed all my questions after I was done I was pretty sure I had passed .
I would of been more surprised if I failed . I had read that most people fail the first time but tried not to let that psych me out .

Old 02-22-2018, 09:42 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,618,048 times
When I took the Idaho exam I was in a booth next to someone that signed very loudly and made annoying whats this? noises. I guess she wanted to announce to everyone else how unprepared she was. She was sitting there when I got there and still at it when I got up to turn my test in.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
When I took the Idaho exam I was in a booth next to someone that signed very loudly and made annoying whats this? noises. I guess she wanted to announce to everyone else how unprepared she was. She was sitting there when I got there and still at it when I got up to turn my test in.
That would of been annoying and distracting .
At the one in CA there were no booths . The computer screen is in the desk so you are looking down . It was really quiet . Didn’t hear anyone making noises .
I didn’t even notice anyone sneezing or coughing or anything .

Old 02-27-2018, 06:27 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,628,491 times
Quote:
That would of been annoying and distracting .
At the one in CA there were no booths . The computer screen is in the desk so you are looking down . It was really quiet .
Ours were in little booths like study carrels in a library. Unfortunately, it wasn't very ergonomic -- the monitor on my computer was too high, or the chair was too low (4 legs, no height adjustment), and I spent the entire test craning to read the screen, after several abortive attempts at adjusting it downward. I had a crick in my neck afterwards -- if I had been there for four hours, I would have needed a chiropractor!!

The test questions are pulled from a bank of questions -- say 15 on easements, 10 on calculating cash to close, etc., etc. The questions on easements would be pulled from a question bank of almost 100 questions, plus they add in test questions that don't count towards the grade because they are seeing how people perform in a testing situation. The chance that the person next to you would have the same questions, in the same order, would be minimal.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:30 PM

Just moved my exam time up. Was scheduled for Saturday 3/10; moved up to Monday 3/05.

Left halfway through "course-review/exam prep" session last Saturday because I felt pretty confident and realized most of the other who showed up were there because they marginally passed the course exam or failed it and had to do the retake on Sunday. Want to take licenses exam while everything is still fresh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals