Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Business Cards at Showings?
As a consumer, I would expect to see a business card in my home after showings. 32 58.18%
As a consumer, I would not really expect to see a business card in my home after showings. 1 1.82%
I am an agent. It is expected that we leave a card at every showing. 15 27.27%
I am an agent. It is not expected we would ever leave a card. 6 10.91%
As an agent, I usually leave a card. 11 20.00%
As an agent, I never leave a card. 5 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 06:53 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
The house was listed Thursday. As of late Friday night he had received two above listing price offers and was aware of another 11 or 12 scheduled showings to be held Saturday and Sunday. As you indicated, there must be some time of automated scheduling system, otherwise he would not know about today's and tomorrow's showings.

When I first heard the term I had the impression it was more of a free-for-all Open House. With my son's comment and your comment it is obviously controlled by some type of scheduling method.

Our son is staying with us this weekend, 45 miles away, to keep the weekend open. I believe his Realtor set this up even before the house went into the Listing Services on Thursday.
If the agent encouraged them to vacate, anticipating a horde of visitors, smart agent.
Showing an occupied home in a hot market is maddening for sellers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 06:55 AM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
The "Show and Go" concept on a listing that normally requires an appointment, sounds like a variation on an open house, but for agents with clients, where between certain hours on a certain day, agents can bring clients without an appt. Interesting, but I'm not sure I'd go out of my way for it.... if the client and I can make an appt for the Show and Go... we could make an appointment for any time good for us.... Unless appointments are also severely limited, for whatever reason.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
The "Show and Go" concept on a listing that normally requires an appointment, sounds like a variation on an open house, but for agents with clients, where between certain hours on a certain day, agents can bring clients without an appt. Interesting, but I'm not sure I'd go out of my way for it.... if the client and I can make an appt for the Show and Go... we could make an appointment for any time good for us.... Unless appointments are also severely limited, for whatever reason.
Well, "at least in my area," "Show and Go" is just slang that means one can set the showing up without prior notice, but that agent still has to request the showing.

Entering a house without specific approval is a significant rules violation.
We get that specific approval over the phone, via text and/or email, immediately, so we can immediately enter the property.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:13 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Well, "at least in my area," "Show and Go" is just slang that means one can set the showing up without prior notice, but that agent still has to request the showing.

Entering a house without specific approval is a significant rules violation.
We get that specific approval over the phone, via text and/or email, immediately, so we can immediately enter the property.
Yeah, when buying it was more just told to us by the agent if we were running late or something, “this one is a show and go, so let’s come back to this one afterwards since this other one is occupied.â€

But can a “show and go†refuse to allow more than one showing at a time? In which case you might not get “immediate approval�

Old 04-07-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Yeah, when buying it was more just told to us by the agent if we were running late or something, “this one is a show and go, so let’s come back to this one afterwards since this other one is occupied.â€

But can a “show and go†refuse to allow more than one showing at a time? In which case you might not get “immediate approval�
Yes, we can bounce the schedule if we get behind. That is one reason I like to mix a couple of vacant houses in a showing schedule when possible.

Yes we can refuse multiple showings at one time.
That is a setting in the ShowingTime dashboard.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Yes, we can bounce the schedule if we get behind. That is one reason I like to mix a couple of vacant houses in a showing schedule when possible.
Have you EVER had a full day of showings actually stay on schedule?

Old 04-07-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Have you EVER had a full day of showings actually stay on schedule?
"Ever?" Well, yes.
"Always?" I wish....

They give me a list of 7. I add 2 or 3.
And, sometimes I tell them we need to get a wiggle on because the next one is occupied and we need to honor our showing window.

Gotta manage the tour. I schedule by the map, with attempt to get to the "best" prospects first when possible.

But, I have also cancelled showings at last minute, rearranged things, etc.

And, when #4 out of 10 is "The House," we spend the time we need to there.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:09 AM

Not sure how agents coped with these problems before cell phones, and scheduling software, and GPS. My hat's off to them though.

Our normal stomping grounds are rural properties... they may be 30 minutes apart, in different counties, sometimes. I use the showing time map and honor the predicted travel time between appointments.... But we have farm clients who sometimes want to walk the whole property, and look in the many outbuildings... I sometimes have scheduled them for an hour and still ended up running late.

And yes.... when they get to THE HOUSE, all bets are off for the rest of the day.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Not sure how agents coped with these problems before cell phones, and scheduling software, and GPS. My hat's off to them though.

Our normal stomping grounds are rural properties... they may be 30 minutes apart, in different counties, sometimes. I use the showing time map and honor the predicted travel time between appointments.... But we have farm clients who sometimes want to walk the whole property, and look in the many outbuildings... I sometimes have scheduled them for an hour and still ended up running late.

And yes.... when they get to THE HOUSE, all bets are off for the rest of the day.
Here in Taupetown, we can see 15 in a day, if there were 15 on the market, and if buyers don't have to look in the attic for 20 minutes when the first two floors are a slaughterhouse....

Old 04-07-2018, 08:22 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_because View Post
I'm shocked that it's expressly forbidden!

We can debate what's preferred, whether cards can be taken or seen by other agents, or if agents should or should not leave cards as they choose but forbidding the leaving of cards sounds legally dubious and like an anti-competitive practice. DoJ where are you?
When we do mail outs there is always fine print at the bottom that reads something like "Not intended to solicit property already listed".

It's conceivable a business card left at a home could be considered a solicitation and would be against our code.

As I mentions, in my part of the world we stopped leaving business cards at homes probably 15 years ago. It's pretty much old school like office tours and newspaper ads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals