Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 07:12 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Subprime vets saw their industry, finances vanish in a flash - Mar. 31, 2008

Who feels sorry for this couple losing their job?

To be honest they were high on the ladder and responsible for many who had to close deals in order to make commision and for them to get their 6 figure salery, so I'm not feeling sorry for them. They have to sell their home and rent like many others have to do right now. They lived the high end live so now they can feel what they have done to the people who didn't quit understand what they signed and the the other people who were just greedy. This couple should have know what they sold to homeowners was a bad product.

By the way first this man sold bad mortgages and now he is taken a job as a realtor, so taken commision away from other realtors? Should we trust him for given the best advise, or I'm I too harsh on him?

Last edited by bentlebee; 03-31-2008 at 07:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 08:48 AM

5,341 posts, read 14,134,112 times
oh yea, I feel extremely sorry for them....I mean he had to trade in the Corvette and get rid of the gardner. THAT SOUNDS BRUTAL! There is no way I could live under those conditions.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:53 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Could someone please pass the crying towel??? Suburban can he afford to fill the tank???

Granted it's a rude awakening but there are many others in the same boat.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:57 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,107,941 times
I nearly spit out my coffee reading this part:

"And they've made cutbacks: trading in Kent's Corvette for a Suburban and getting rid of the gardener, for example. But the couple also has learned that it didn't need everything it used to spend money on."

Wow, life is lot harder for people making six figures than I thought.
But they are learning what we're all learning: just because you've got a fistful of dollars in hand today doesn't mean you should spend them. We've all got to be serious about putting some aside for that potential 'rainy day'.

Yesterday I saw a woman on TV essentially saying the same thing as the people in this article. Her husband started making money like crazy, so they spent like crazy, feeling as if they "had to have the best of everything" as she put it. Now they're in deep financial trouble too.

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't always put away as much as I should, but I don't make 6 figures either, and I'm a bargain hunter by nature. I never just go out and buy stuff just because it might be nice to have it. I heard the family stories about relatives losing their homes, jobs, everything during the Great Depression. It made an impact. People used to pride themselves on 'making do, or do without'. At least a couple generations have grown up since then with a false feeling of security and entitlement. They're learning a hard lesson now.

But yeah....since they made their wealth in sub-prime lending, it's hard not to be reminded of the saying, "what goes around, comes around".

Old 04-01-2008, 10:44 AM

930 posts, read 2,422,640 times
Am I the only one who thought...dam she married fugly

Old 04-01-2008, 01:15 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,134,112 times
There is a justifiable stigma attached to subprime loans and subprime lenders. Many were scum bag operations. I am glad to see that they are essentially history. Borrowers need to get their ducks in a row before they buy a home.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:03 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I'm laughing reading all your responses. The other thing is that it seems that half the streets in Orange County are with home owners who worked in sub prime lending. So the best laugh is for the smart people who can buy these homes for a very low price and have all the sub primers paying rent to the smart people, while the smart people getting their rental checks they are having a nice drink at the sub prime scum bags poolside. Isn't that nice to imagine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals