Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 09:48 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,016,239 times

Advertisements

To hear back from our realtor . I know she has a lot more clients than myself but , We saw 3 several weeks ago.
1. Was unlendable and I am truly grateful it stayed upright when we were in it. GIANT cracks in the foundation .
2. Was in a truly bad area - these are all rural in Cal and can have pockets where there are some really weird scary people- I am no prude whatsoever but wasn't going as far as some of the neighbors were .

3. Would have been perfect if only it has access to internet higher that Dial up at 10MBPS with a cap ( no satellite there over 20 mbps with a cap ) and you had to have a landline while on property to communicate . She and the owner of the third were putting pressure on me to make an offer . I finally had to say no - that I DID like the house very much but reminded her that one of us telecommutes and another is a musician that uploads/records new music & school assignments and has a website.

I do not plan on looking at 20 houses or anything I only have 5 more I would like to see . I haven't heard from her in maybe 10 days . I was the last one to speak , she said she would look them up , get back with me and we would go see them . One is now pending .

Not sure what to do , I felt she was not happy I did not just gut up and take the dial up house . This is my last small farm after 14+ years of renting and I HAVE to get this right .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 10:11 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,542,392 times
Were you limited to a certain price range?

Old 09-13-2018, 11:01 AM

Yes , 200,000 +/- bank said I could have a bit more if I needed it but I really don't where I am looking . ALL of the houses that would work for us were/are well within our approval range . I made very sure of that and there are enough to see - if we could just go. I don't want to feel like I am bothering this lady.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:18 AM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
I felt she was not happy I did not just gut up and take the dial up house .
That's exactly what happened. She's making better use of her time now on people that are aren't so picky.

I suggest you look by yourself. There are plenty of resources out there with homes for sale: Zillow, Craigslist (yeah, Craigslist), MLS is available to the public, other real estate sites.

That's what I'm doing. I only deal with listing agents. I wouldn't touch a buyer's agent on a bet.

However, if you find a house that suits you and you feel you need the representation, then call your buyer's agent and get her involved, or dump her and get somebody else who is more attentive.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:21 AM

116 posts, read 143,485 times
Do you have a contract with this Realtor?
If so - and ten days have passed since you asked to see several houses and never heard back, it is quite acceptable to reach out and ask about it. In fact the next day would have been reasonable to follow up on the request.
If this agent does not represent you, and you are consistently unhappy with the level of follow up, you can certainly move on to someone who may be a better fit.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:57 AM

No I don't have a contract with her .
I have had realtors in the past and have never had anything come up like this . I have had to live in a lot of places but this is my last stop . Previously we would go look at places, realtor would even suggest more places - you know, always in touch and I have never had a bad exp .

Adjuster, I didn't think I was being picky for not being able to go back to dial up with a cap ? Really that was my only problem that and zero phone service besides landline and I worked on it for a week, on my own , to see if there was anything I could do about it, but yes it seems I may have to call the listing agents .
I have a bunch favorited on Zillow and Realtor.com . Redfin isn't in the areas I am looking in yet but all of my favorites are in her area .

Old 09-13-2018, 12:01 PM

116 posts, read 143,485 times
I would just move on then...
There is no commitment from either party and you're not happy. Interview a few agents or ask a friend for referrals.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:00 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
You are not being too picky. 10 days is too long. Find another agent.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:59 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Any time a buyer agent is pressuring you to buy a house when you've made it clear that it doesn't meet non-negotiable criteria for you (or really...any time they are really pressuring you at all)....it's probably time to find a new agent.

A lot of people (unfortunately including many RE professionals) view RE as "sales" business. I personally think it's more of a "service" business. As do most reputable agents I've met.

It's better business to take the time to help a client feel comfortable with their home purchase and help them though the process than to just get them to sign so you get paid quickly.

10 days without a response? Doesn't sound like she takes her job seriously. That or she's a part-time agent who has another job/priority.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:25 AM

My husband did text her yesterday afternoon ( very politely ) and no response .

That pressuring turned me OFF .
I went back to the listing after we found out about the phone/internet/tv and I saw it . They had the landline listed as an amenity … I should have known then . I think .
I paid no attention to a landline phone as an amenity , really, but I certainly see why it would be one now that I know .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals