Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 09:04 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,910,099 times

Advertisements

Lennar has a fairly good reputation and are aggressive marketers. They also continue to stretch outside of the box. Their latest concept of a home in a home (senior living unit or au pair) and I believe, will catch on fire in the next 5 - 10 years in a huge way.

I'm in VA and the site reps do not need to be licensed. It's been a while, NV/Ryan is a large east cost builder that puts you on salary for six months during training (going on memory). They train sales assistants (no set timeframe) and promote them to sales reps. When you go on commission, you get 1/2 at contract ratification and the other 1/2 at closing. If a sale falls out, you pay it back. They do a lot of recruiting on college campuses and big on personality testing. Occassionally, they (NV) will hire a rep from another builder, but not often. We see a lot of reps changing up their employers, and its usually about this time of year. But this particular group likes to train rep their way. I've since found all the builders (midsize to large) are different. The smaller ones hire a licensed agent on reduced commission scale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 02:45 AM

23 posts, read 20,777 times
I am looking to become a real estate agent . It was explained to me that a agent is someone who sells a builders house and makes commission offer of it. What do I need to do to become real estate agent?

Old 11-28-2015, 11:19 AM

211 posts, read 451,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobholtz40 View Post
I am looking to become a real estate agent . It was explained to me that a agent is someone who sells a builders house and makes commission offer of it. What do I need to do to become real estate agent?
What state do you live in? If you want to become a real estate agent, you MUST get a real estate license. If you want to work for a "builder" licensing is state specific.

The use of technology and the ability to research information is key in becoming a real estate agent. Look up your state rules.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,735 times
have you ever worked with a developer from when they first begin the development process? I am working with a group of developers that are looking for property to develop in my area. Sounds like they are going to go though the process of putting in the utilities, and infrastructure and then sell the lots. I think I'll be marketing to both end consumers and builders. Any advice on how to go about this process? Things to watch out for?

Old 12-11-2017, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,782 times
I have bachelors in business and will soon have masters in project management and also I have a diploma in real-estate appraisal and is currently enrolled in real-estate classes to become an agent then broker. I want to manage my crew on building, appraising then selling the homes. Are there any restrictions in my path?

Old 12-12-2017, 09:03 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,136,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemika Hill View Post
I have bachelors in business and will soon have masters in project management and also I have a diploma in real-estate appraisal and is currently enrolled in real-estate classes to become an agent then broker. I want to manage my crew on building, appraising then selling the homes. Are there any restrictions in my path?
just the glaring one of appraising your own buildings...

Old 12-12-2017, 01:11 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,976,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecj View Post
just the glaring one of appraising your own buildings...
You don't think the lender will like the idea of one person building, selling, and appraising their own buildings? Maybe they should also get their mortgage license. Then they can just do the financing on it also. Do you think that's a better idea?

Old 12-31-2017, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,555 times
I've been in real estate since 1981, starting as a general RE agent. Went into management about 4 years into it, then into appraising. When I moved from CA to NV I worked for a large builder, K B Homes (Kaufman and Broad back then) then with Del Webb. Wasn't difficult at all to get hired on, but I really missed the freedom to work hard when you needed to, then able to take time off when you needed to. For me the stress of working for a corporation was too much and eventually left new home sales and began building homes myself/partner. After the 2008 crash I got out completely (no choice) but in 2015 got my brokers license again. Now working for another huge builder but I hate the restrictive hours. And even on my days off I'm expected to take calls, answer emails and handle problems. I will probably quit in 6 more months and go back to general sales. As far as needing to know about construction --- I have never found that to be of any interest to builder's sales managers. They want to know you know how to close a deal, how to quickly get people to like and trust you, great communication skills, negotiation skills, etc. I would focus on those points if I were you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals