Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:54 PM

469 posts, read 1,484,762 times

Advertisements

Any agents out there actively trying to SEO their web pages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 07:56 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesww View Post
Sure.
I would think anyone with a page should try.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:37 PM

76 posts, read 331,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesww View Post
Every day.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:17 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,758 times
If you don't, there is no sense having it.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:54 AM

2,637 posts, read 7,427,019 times
I do with my blog. If you google some certain local communties in my area, it shows up on the first page without me paying anything!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 AM

63 posts, read 248,257 times
For those of you using SEO, are you paying someone to do it for you, and if so, who????
I'm interesed in getting SEO , but am unsure of which company to use. Anyone work with Compass search?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 AM

2,203 posts, read 9,318,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis_Jones View Post
For those of you using SEO, are you paying someone to do it for you, and if so, who????
I'm interesed in getting SEO , but am unsure of which company to use. Anyone work with Compass search?
I thought the "SEO for Dummies" book was really helpful. Plus my web designer had done a very good job with keywords, etc. Right now my website comes up on the first page of a Google search for MLS search sites in my area. I was doing Adwords for a while. Of course, then you're guaranteed placement if you're willing to spend the money. However, if I can get my website to come up in a natural (organic) search like it is now without spending the $$'s, that's even better.

I get so many emails (and occasionally a phone call) from people promising top placement on Google. I always delete those. Nobody can "guarantee" top placement. If I'm going to spend money for placement, I'll use Adwords.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:44 PM

469 posts, read 1,484,762 times
I have been working on a way to get around the google algorithm for reciprical linking and think that I have something that will work. But, to make it happen I need alot of agents with high quality sites to be involved. Just curious if anyone would be interested in working on it with me.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:48 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis_Jones View Post
I create web sites for small businesses and I'm also a REALTOR and did my own SEO. I'm not soliciting business but maybe I can offer some tips. I looked at your souce code and your index page source is not too bad but you could use more text. I only took a quick look at a couple other pages but they are not optimized, which you may already know. I see you used Point to Agent, I've heard of them but never used them. Don't they offer SEO when they built the site? You want to do it yourself or have someone else do it but do they allow you to change the code? In other words, can you login and access the html and change or add to it? If you can, then do it yourself. It's not that hard to do. After you do it, submit your site to search engines at least once a month for a couple months and then you can do it less frequently.

This is one of many free web site analyzers: Analyzer Results

I've never paid anything to use it but you can and get more info. on what to change and/or add to your site.

Here is a keyword tool you can use to find popular searches. Free Keyword Suggestion Tool from Wordtracker

AFTER you optimize your site, submit. Here is a link to a bunch of sites you can submit to. Strongest Links - Directory list

I have tons of other sites but you can easily find them by just searching the internet. There are many forums also on the subject of SEO.

Bottom line is, you can do it yourself but it depends on if you want to spend the time. Sometimes it makes more sense to pay someone else and then you can spend your time selling houses. Good luck. : )

Last edited by Global Friend; 05-01-2008 at 07:27 AM..

Old 05-07-2008, 11:08 AM

2,203 posts, read 9,318,872 times
Here's a really nice informative article on SEO and Internet marketing in BA News:
Broker Agent News, LLC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals