Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 07:03 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,857,067 times

Advertisements

Has anyone does this and if you have, had you had any success? or was it a bust?

You list a home in a subdivision or area, then you target a postcard to that area - just listed with the picture price and contact, along with a few other things...

then you sell it - quickly! you then send out another postcard, saying sold in x number of days - with of course all your contact info on it

did you generate any business in doing this?? did you find it worth the cost, which imho is minimal

thanks for the input

colleen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 07:09 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,664,388 times
I did this and got a listing from it- once. However, a sign in the yard in a neighborhood also seems to do the same thing. In fact, it is just better publicity all the way around. Is it worth it? I don't get that much of a return on the post card mktg, and it was a lot of work/time, so I don't do it any more.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:33 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,857,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janecj View Post
I did this and got a listing from it- once. However, a sign in the yard in a neighborhood also seems to do the same thing. In fact, it is just better publicity all the way around. Is it worth it? I don't get that much of a return on the post card mktg, and it was a lot of work/time, so I don't do it any more.
I used a service to do mine and they generated the lists etc, so my time involved was about 15 minutes to design it. I like the quality of the cards, I sent one out to the whole subdivision that said just listed and today sent one at that said, sold in five days...... they hit in about 3 days after your initial order. If I had to do them all myself, the writing the compiling of addresses stamping etc, I do not think it would be something that interested me.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:05 PM

469 posts, read 1,485,136 times
I find that if you are only going to send two post cards that the response rate is to low for it to be worth while. If you want more business in that specific area and are willing to really farm it then it can be very rewarding. And it does help to have a listing that sells in the neighborhood prior to begining your farming.

I mail 12 pieces over a year if I am going to bother to mail at all because if I do not do this then it ends up not making financial sense. Another thing I dont bother mailing to an area from the weak before thanksgiving until the first of the new year and I mail more frequently from the end of March until the end of May.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:27 PM

26 posts, read 155,812 times
I just started to do postcards again for my listings. I'm getting some calls about them and am showing one of the properties tomorrow. It'd be nice if I'd get a deal through them but even if it doesn't work out this time around, at least it'd get my name out there.

My co-worker's postcard got her a listing a while back which basically paid for her cost and then some(spent $700 and got $5000+ in commission so it was definitely worth it)

Wish me luck~~

Old 05-20-2008, 11:01 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,417,453 times
Myself and a few other agents were presented the idea and most of us passed. One signed up and still uses it although I can't recall any listings from it. But he does get his name out there which is always a good thing. I get them if he sells one in my neighborhood. That's always good for a laugh in the office. The other tried it and didn't like the idea that the lowest package basically got him a two block or less radius from the listing, most potentials would have seen his name on the sign anyway.

I didn't go for it as I saw it as another expense which wasn't needed. My way of promoting is more of a hands-on, get to know people, kind of way. Harder to throw me in the wastebasket.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:29 AM

178 posts, read 667,490 times
Post cards, tried and true, but you need to hit at least 10 times a year.

all the best!

Kevin O'Shea

Old 05-22-2008, 04:35 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I have received many as I'm not a realtor. I always look at them and throw them away and it can be good advertisement. But don't do what one realtor does.....he sends me a card telling me he sold a home for a certain price. Well the price and closing date were correct, but he didn't sold it or had anything to do with it. It was my house and I had a different listing broker/agent so this was a scam!!! Stupid realtor, how did he think that he can get away with using other realtors sales....

Old 05-22-2008, 06:37 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I have received many as I'm not a realtor. I always look at them and throw them away and it can be good advertisement. But don't do what one realtor does.....he sends me a card telling me he sold a home for a certain price. Well the price and closing date were correct, but he didn't sold it or had anything to do with it. It was my house and I had a different listing broker/agent so this was a scam!!! Stupid realtor, how did he think that he can get away with using other realtors sales....
Now that's funny...
Not admirable, but funny.
Would have made for couple of fun phone calls on a slow afternoon.

We owned a rental condo, and an agent put its exterior photo on the MLS because she said it looked better than the one she had listed...

Postcards are good, but have to be repetitive, like a drip campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals