Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 05:57 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times

Advertisements

As a busy appraiser, I have lenders/brokers I prefer to work with. There are some, even in slower times, from whom I will not accept assignments. When I provide 3 excellent comps, 3 good comps, spend extra time on a difficult report, and load it with any additional information to support my case....hopefully, it's gone and I will be paid quickly. I realize that underwriters dictate the need for further explanation, additional comps, etc. But once I've spent too much time on one report, I'm hesitant to accept work from that lender/broker again, and my next fee quote is much higher. Usually, it's too high for them....good riddance. There have been other times, that I've told a particular lender/broker not to call me again, for any fee they offer.
Anybody else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 09:41 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
All the time

First time they ask for a comp check I put them on a higher fee list. First time they yell about me killing their deal, I put them on a do not work for list.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:52 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,265 times
I hate it when they ask for "better comps". I am DYING to tell them: "I am sorry, you ordered the silver appraisal. For better comps you need to order the platinum appraisal".

Goodpasture won't let me, though .......

What do they think? That we are saving them for a special occassion? That, and asking for information that is very well explained in the report. I am sure you have heard of "RTFR"?

I rather eat beans than put up with rude and ignorant lenders/MB/LO that try to get you to do something to break the law. Comp check requests go straight to MortgageFraudWatchList.org.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:26 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times
So good to see my friends from AF on here! We have so much in common!
Goodpasture......been to Hartly lately ?

Old 05-25-2008, 12:18 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,896,556 times
Quote:
I am DYING to tell them: "I am sorry, you ordered the silver appraisal. For better comps you need to order the platinum appraisal".
roflmao oh my god, i almost had a juice splattered monitor. Don't do that again without warning!!

Old 05-25-2008, 09:19 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Ms D, how you been? Sorry, but I've been banned from AF due to differences with the management.........Me, Jim Plante, Otis, Annemieke, DB and some others set up another hang out. You need to visit us someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals