Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 08:44 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times

Advertisements

I took a class today locally offered by a lady who has done over 325 short sales representing sellers. In addition, before real estate she worked as a trainer and executive for Mortgage Insurance companies, mortgage servicers, loss mitigation dept's, and so on.

I could not believe the amount of work that can go into one of these deals.

It was VERY in depth and she included all of the in's and out's, where and how to negotiate certain items and/or clauses,etc..

If you get a chance to take a course similiar to this one I would highly recommend it.

Anybody specializing in these around here? I know I've seen a few threads here and there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 03:36 PM

612 posts, read 2,777,796 times
I took a class on that too and thought it was a whole lotta work.

I have a couple of listings and they want to do short sales on them, after commission splits and fees, I probably won't make more than $500 each one. Oh well, good for the practice. I am not looking forward to it, and I don't think the owners are thinking of the implications as they have three properties they want to do short sales on. They are just thinking of the easiest way to get out of them. They sure didn't save all the money they were raking in before their interest rates went up....

Old 04-10-2008, 11:31 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
I took a class today locally offered by a lady who has done over 325 short sales representing sellers. In addition, before real estate she worked as a trainer and executive for Mortgage Insurance companies, mortgage servicers, loss mitigation dept's, and so on.

I could not believe the amount of work that can go into one of these deals.

It was VERY in depth and she included all of the in's and out's, where and how to negotiate certain items and/or clauses,etc..

If you get a chance to take a course similiar to this one I would highly recommend it.

Anybody specializing in these around here? I know I've seen a few threads here and there..
Whose class didya' take?

Old 04-10-2008, 01:10 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
Mine was taught by Scott Kenkel. Very good course.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 4,067 times
Default I like to learn more about these programs

would you please let me know how to find more information on how the second mortgage work

Old 06-08-2008, 10:18 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Pass the grain of salt. I have done a couple and failed to do a couple. No two were remotely the same. Same old same old...how to separate the RE Agent from a few dollars.

The right way to do short sales is not...but RE Agents as a class are too dumb to ever realize that.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,948 times
Default course information

I'm new here. Charlottean, Can you info about where to find detail on the course you took? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals