U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM

31,742 posts, read 36,414,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw19 View Post
Check out Keller Williams.
Not to knock KW, but if you interview with them find out how many agents are in their office and what they do for new agents. Ask them about phone duty & property calls. Their offices I'm familar with have 200-300 agents and it seems to spread their business fairly slim.

They seem to have a revolving door that spins pretty fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 06:37 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,042,973 times
Glad to be of service. Google can be your best friend sometimes.
Best of luck to you!

Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 PM

33,435 posts, read 58,022,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not to knock KW, but if you interview with them find out how many agents are in their office and what they do for new agents. Ask them about phone duty & property calls. Their offices I'm familar with have 200-300 agents and it seems to spread their business fairly slim.

They seem to have a revolving door that spins pretty fast.
I'm a KW guy.
I think KW offers almost TOO MUCH to new agents.

New agents sometimes seem to want to learn by rote, and too often get training paralysis, spending too much time in classes rather than implementing. That training is aimed at the person who has recently moved into sales, or has learned bad habits and needs retraining.

But I like the emphasis on developing my business independently.
Anyone who generates their own business will thrive vs. the agents who are dependent on referrals and/or can't wean themselves off leads from the company teat.
That is the crux of the KW training system.

But really, the company name and leadership isn't as important as the person's ability to find the internal "Desire Switch" and to turn it on.
No company can "make it happen" for someone without desire.

The OP already has the book of business, and doesn't really need a firm, as much as either a broker's license, or a brokerage figurehead.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:00 AM

11,544 posts, read 25,912,092 times
My mother was a realtor for many years. She started when "moral turpitude' meant something. She loved it. I had a license, too; I hated it. Fifty years later we were still talking about realestate. The thing that blows my mind today is the ERA, Re/Max/Century21 and Caldwell-Banker are the biggest cats in the box and they are all owned by the same off-shore holding company.

A couple of these franchisees tried to manuever me into going to a phony closing. The buyer backed out a week earlier and we had NOT signed any new contract when the broker-franchisee agreed tp take the buyers to the phony closing using a contract I had never seen or signed. The oral contract wouldn't hold water. According to the new contract I had 48 hours to find a place to live, pack a 4 bedroom house and move a critically ill spouse. If I didn't I would lose my personal possesions, too. Our morgage company pulled the plug on the phony baloney daall. Then the fun began with accisatopms of criminal acts, threats of jail, stalking, lies, etc. that lasted for a year and a half. And wouldn't you know when I fainlly sold the house, the buyer's agent was from my old nnemesis. She tried to comingle funds at cllosing. That didn't work either; no contract.

there are a lot of fine realtors, but the rogue agents are like fleas in a catbox. These peole have no honor, no morals, and will do anything for a buck.

There was a good ending to this story. The buyer found a house he could occupy at closing, The broker who held the phony closing lost her franchise and vanished. The title company that held the phone closing, changed its name and quietly slunk out of town in the middle of the night.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:50 PM

316 posts, read 1,135,654 times
Talking high splits and low fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janecj View Post
Funny thing, I just got a letter in the mail today with ERA stating what you just said. The other one I spoke of earlier I received from an email with those splits. Somewhat strange that it had such a different approach with the same franchise.
all most all nation wide brokers are at a 50/50 except one it a 70/30 split
they also offer benitfits for health care and life insurance, dental,
fee are low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals