Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 PM

2 posts, read 10,411 times

Advertisements

I've been a Realtor in Austin, Tx for 10 years. I've only switched Brokers once. I'm seriously considering it again. Does anyone know a few RE Brokers not charging high fees? I'm currently capped at a 75/25 split. I'm looking for something closer to 90/10 with no desk fees or hidden costs. A few years ago there were several, but I can't remember the names to contact . I don't need any kind of extra support (since I do everything from my home office & have my own referrals,contacts & supplies). I just want to make the most money I can while we're battling this strange economy! Any advice or direction will help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 05:05 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 6 days ago)

43,083 posts, read 76,642,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clk10yrR View Post
I've been a Realtor in Austin, Tx for 10 years. I've only switched Brokers once. I'm seriously considering it again. Does anyone know a few RE Brokers not charging high fees? I'm currently capped at a 75/25 split. I'm looking for something closer to 90/10 with no desk fees or hidden costs. A few years ago there were several, but I can't remember the names to contact . I don't need any kind of extra support (since I do everything from my home office & have my own referrals,contacts & supplies). I just want to make the most money I can while we're battling this strange economy! Any advice or direction will help!!!
At your experience level, what else does a brokerage offer you other than a split?
If you really don't need a brokerage, why not get your broker's license and hang out your own shingle?
Keep it all.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:24 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,876,406 times
Speak with your broker first. If you are producing, they just may not want to lose you and will adjust your split. I don't know of a single company in my area where everyone is getting the same split. But, if they won't, 100% Commission, Sound to good to be true? (http://austin.craigslist.org/rej/774599348.html - broken link) or maybe Hiring Agents Now*-*Austin Texas luxury real estate, Austin real estate listings (http://roseandassociatesproperties.com/hiring-agents-now.html - broken link) .
Just google 100% commission real estate austin texas.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,650,756 times
Good luck on speaking with your Broker. I find they don't budge. It's all about the money. I don't know if you have ERA, but you might want to look into that firm. I recently found out here in our area that you pay only a per transaction fee, and a small desk fee and you keep the rest. Then there are plenty of those other type of agencies that you don't know much about and may not be in business next year that have low fees. Good luck.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:40 AM

23 posts, read 86,473 times
Check out Keller Williams.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 10,411 times
Thumbs up Thanks so much!

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'm very seriously considering getting my Broker's license but it takes time & I want to do something quick. That's a great idea & I'll pursue that in the not so far away future.

Thanks Palmcoasting... as it turns out, I know the owner of Rose & Assoc. He & I spoke this am after I saw your response & he only charges a $600 transaction fee. This is great news! Thanks again for all your great encouragement & quick responses! I'm feeling better already!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,498,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janecj View Post
Good luck on speaking with your Broker. I find they don't budge. It's all about the money.
Not to different than the OP.

Everything is " all about the money".

Old 07-30-2008, 12:29 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,909,989 times
For years my wife and I we're with RE/Max. You in effect run your own business. With marketing, office, car, insurance, phone etc, we needed about 2 mil in closed sales each year to break even. We switched to a broker offering a small monthly fee as well as a per/transaction fee. I'm seeing this type of brokerage arrangement gaining popularity.
My current broker just notified everyone that we were merging with Allison James Real Estate. AJ is in about 10 states now including Texas. You might check them out.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:11 PM

10,908 posts, read 21,874,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janecj View Post
Good luck on speaking with your Broker. I find they don't budge. It's all about the money. I don't know if you have ERA, but you might want to look into that firm. I recently found out here in our area that you pay only a per transaction fee, and a small desk fee and you keep the rest. Then there are plenty of those other type of agencies that you don't know much about and may not be in business next year that have low fees. Good luck.
They vary since they are independently owned. I'm with ERA and I don't pay a desk fee. We pay only splits on closed transactions.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:25 PM

1,007 posts, read 5,650,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
They vary since they are independently owned. I'm with ERA and I don't pay a desk fee. We pay only splits on closed transactions.

Funny thing, I just got a letter in the mail today with ERA stating what you just said. The other one I spoke of earlier I received from an email with those splits. Somewhat strange that it had such a different approach with the same franchise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals