Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 09:41 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,822,318 times

Advertisements

Frank, I like your blog. I would hire you if you were in Sugar Land, Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 09:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Loved the "Go FSBO, Save 20k" blog...It felt like reading something I wrote, only better written and I didn't actually write it. That pulled me in and I read the whole long thing. Frank is definitely talented. Well done, well done.

I'm glad I clicked on this post, it was worth it.
It's quite compelling and effective.

I also read where Frankie ( and company) reports other brokers' manipulation of MLS data. While I applaud this I am not too sure I would make a public claim of doing so.

He profiles other agents because there is indeed a pattern to their behaviors. Again, this is good stuff- just not too sure I would put this out there, cause the competition reads and reacts. Some things might be best left for a live listing approintment.

Real estate is local and the local crowd sometimes black balls the listings of agents who they do not like, especially when there is so much other stuff to show.

I think his Client Bill of Rights is excellent. My license is with a 500 pound gorilla who does indeed have a substanital processing fee above and beyond the listing fee and and promotes one stop shopping with affiliates. I eat the " processing fee" and refuse to market affiliated arrangements. No doubt I am never going to "win" the reserved parking spot for referring the most title and/or mortgage services.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:08 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's quite compelling and effective.

I also read where Frankie ( and company) reports other brokers' manipulation of MLS data. While I applaud this I am not too sure I would make a public claim of doing so.

He profiles other agents because there is indeed a pattern to their behaviors. Again, this is good stuff- just not too sure I would put this out there, cause the competition reads and reacts. Some things might be best left for a live listing approintment.

Real estate is local and the local crowd sometimes black balls the listings of agents who they do not like, especially when there is so much other stuff to show.
I suspect he's well respected in his market and the agents are happy to show his listings knowing he'll be good to work with (assuming he lives up to the billing and is good to work with). I think if the other agents are upset, then they should look in the mirror. If they didn't o the MLS info incorrectly or give him deficiencies to point out then they should be upset with themselves. They are the ones that lack integrity.

Just from personal experience, my job is to show my client the homes they want to see and it's always a relief when the agent on the other end is one I know will be good to work with. I'd rather work with a good full time agent I don't like than a newbie or part timer that is friendly.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:35 AM

42 posts, read 125,368 times
I missed the follow up thread. I guess I need to sign up for email notification or something. THanks again everyone.

Frank
Brokerage Firm: (see link, as required by VA law)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals