U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 03:11 PM

915 posts, read 3,969,245 times

Advertisements

Could someone please explain what this site below is:

Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University

I use the site below for the MSA population info for all over the United States:

RECenter Metropolitan (MSA) Population Data Houston has around 5 million people! I had no idea that city's population was so close to DC's. Mercy!

Anyway, the little key in the upper left hand corner looks like it has the state of Texas on it, but info on this site doesn't just pertain to Texas (ex.: You can find out how many residential building permits were pulled for different states, the population of some cities all over the US, etc.).

Could someone just explain this site, please - a Texas realtors site or a US realtors site? Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 04:30 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,893,784 times
From the site

Everyone has real estate questions. The Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University has the answers.

The Center is the nation's largest publicly funded organization devoted to real estate research. Most of our $2 million in annual funding comes from real estate license fees paid by more than 140,000 professionals. A nine-member advisory committee appointed by the governor provides research guidance and approves the budget.

The Center's staff conducts research on financial, socioeconomic, public policy, trade, legal, land use and local market analysis issues related to real estate.

The results of Center research are communicated in a variety of formats, including this website, print publications (many of which are available as free downloads) and videos. The Center's flagship periodical — Tierra Grande, a quarterly magazine — has a circulation of 142,000. Twice a week, an electronic real estate newsletter, Real Estate Center Online News (RECON) is sent to over 25,000 subscribers. Our most requested publications (listed below) reflect the wide variety of issues our constituents want to know about.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:53 PM

20,389 posts, read 37,702,114 times
The Real Estate Center is my friend. I subscribe to its newsletter, I get information from it, they do all the research that I have neither the time nor the funds nor the contacts to do. And then they tell me about it!

Mike, I was going to give you points for an extremely well-written post and then I read your intro to it.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:29 PM

915 posts, read 3,969,245 times
Thanks folks! I had read the "About Us" page and the statements made. The Texas key logo is what threw me. I looked up Texas A & M and their associated universities to see what their logos were, but they're all different. When I bookmark this site/add to favorites, I'll change the name to US Real Estate Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals