Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:21 PM

986 posts, read 2,807,976 times

Advertisements

Our realtor likes my husband and I to drive with him when he shows us houses. We would rather follow him in our car so that we can talk about each house we see together. Is it ok to tell him that without offending him. He is a really nice guy. I want to do the right thing. Do most realtors like to drive there clients?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 04:27 PM

Sorry about asking this question I just noticed that someone already did further down. I will read that thread and hopefully it answers my question.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:51 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
Sorry about asking this question I just noticed that someone already did further down. I will read that thread and hopefully it answers my question.
No apology Millie. It is a very valid question, one that we hammered to death in the other thread.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:58 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,980,652 times
Quote:
Our realtor likes my husband and I to drive with him when he shows us houses. We would rather follow him in our car so that we can talk about each house we see together. Is it ok to tell him that without offending him. He is a really nice guy. I want to do the right thing. Do most realtors like to drive there clients?
Mike's response on that other thread says it best. You should be able to talk freely in front of your Realtor. He is after all working exclusively on your behalf and needs to hear what you and your husband discuss so he can help you effectively. That feedback you would like to withhold is critical towards helping you get the right home and negotiate the right things. If you can't trust your agent to discuss homes openly in front of him you should get an agent you do trust.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:14 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,841,471 times
Brandon, I understand your point and think it is valid... However, I understand that sometimes my clients want a little time to form their own opinions without feeling "exposed" in front of the "expert agent". So I am flexible and allow my clients that time together. I just find a different time for us to talk. I will compare homes while we are in one. We will spend time after viewing homes to discuss them. I don't hold with idea that everyone must do it this way or there is a trust issue.

Milllie, just tell your agent "do you mind if we follow you? We will make time after viewing homes to give you our honest feedback" The agent should be fine with it. and bring paper and pen with you and take really good notes while driving from home to home so you can honestly discuss with your agent and not forget the houses. One trick I use is to Nickname each home. Maybe Blue Kitchen House. Or cookie house (where someone baked and offered cookies), etc. you get the pictiure : )

Shelly

Old 09-08-2008, 07:56 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Quote:
I prefer that the buyers drive their own cars. This approach allows the buyers to freely discuss the homes that have been viewed -- and it relieves me from idol chit-chat.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:11 AM

410 posts, read 1,682,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
.. and it relieves me from idol chit-chat.
As much as I hate to admit it...by the end of a long day I'd have to agree...Sunny

Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 AM

316 posts, read 975,835 times
I don't really have a prefernce either way, I leave it up to my clients and what ever they would like to do is fine with me.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:46 AM

Our realtor likes to start out at a coffee shop..we talk about the homes and the area. What I think we can do is maybe go back to the same coffee shop and talk about the homes we just saw...taking notes is a great idea. I am from NJ..you never got in the car with your realtor. So it was a little odd to be in the car with him. In NJ you always met your realtor at the first house you wanted to see and than follow to the next house. You would than take that information home and call your realtor later. It is nice that here in AZ. your realtor likes to be that involved with you. I always looked at my realtor as the person with the key to get me in a home!! Never new anything about them.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I prefer meeting the agent at the house. Then I feel less pressured to talk about whether we want to put an offer on it right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals