U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:35 PM

2,124 posts, read 7,934,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
Not everyone.
thanks Tami, you are absolutely right!! Not everyone and please know you are appreciated : )

shelly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 05:36 PM

2,124 posts, read 7,934,859 times
So, Big... was your counter offer accepted? Are you buying the house with the bedroom in the garage?

shelly

Old 09-14-2008, 07:04 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,151,552 times
It was forwarded on to the bank "with reluctance" and I was informed that the sellers have little interest in signing it.

So I'm pretty much waiting for the foreclosure to happen and then try to buy it from the bank as a REO owned property.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:34 PM

13,981 posts, read 32,760,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrees View Post

The problem I've run into are listing agents that are telling me other buyers want to offer more money AND the agent has made numerous errors in the listing that make the house seem more valuable than it is. These errors won't be discovered until the buyers inspection, in which case the buyers will lower their offer.
Over pricing of properties is common in real estate. It doesn't matter what is on the MLS, it matters what you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrees View Post
That leaves me in the difficult position of trying to convince the listing agent that my offer is the best because I am already aware of the errors in the listing AND my offering price already reflects the defficiencies.
This is just part of negotiation. Someone thinks the house is worth more than someone else. Either you are successful, or you walk away. Just because you want someone to believe that the house is worth less, they may not agree.

Your concern is not falling on deaf ears. I just think that concerns about mis-entered/questionable MLS listings is better handled by the principal broker, not the real estate agency. At least out here the REA isn't going to do a whole lot about it, since you have to break a law in order for them to act. A buyer that can see that the MLS listing isn't accurate isn't going to rely on it when their eyes tell them the truth. No reliance means no misrepresentation (in the legal meaning). It's just bad business practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals