Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:48 AM

930 posts, read 2,418,750 times

Advertisements

Here in Arizona we require that you not have a college degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 09:53 AM

5 posts, read 12,981 times
In SD you have to take 100 hours for the Real Estate class and after passing the test you then have to take the state and national test which is about 3 hours long. Its well worth it! I have been a Realtor for nearly 4 years and enjoy meeting new people and the freedom that comes along with it!

Old 10-02-2008, 08:51 AM

250 posts, read 989,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 704clt View Post
Okay.

well I asked because I wasnt sure.
If you know how to do the above when you practice in real estate, then you can do the job!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:21 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,604,028 times
63 hours!!!! In Florida that is all you need. To become a hairstylist it takes 1500 hours to get a license....so figure out....

Old 10-09-2008, 06:34 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,151,489 times
In Connecticut, you need 60 hours. You don't need a college education; however in the commercial real estate field, it's good to have a business degree. I don't know many successful commercial real estate sales people that don't have a degree.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 AM

In Florida you have to take a class which takes 64 hours!!!! And you be one of the "elite" realtor....and you can call your self a realtor!

For a hairstylist you need 1500 hours....so you figure out who has more experience!

Old 10-09-2008, 12:58 PM

410 posts, read 1,678,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
In Florida you have to take a class which takes 64 hours!!!! And you be one of the "elite" realtor....and you can call your self a realtor!

For a hairstylist you need 1500 hours....so you figure out who has more experience!
Hey Bent...you seem to spend a lot of time on the real estate forum... which leads me to believe you enjoy real estate.... or at least talking shop. Why don't you get your license as it only takes 64 hours? Then you too ... can call yourself an "elite" realtor and join the club...lol...

I just love your posts...most entertaining!....Sunny

Old 10-10-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny57 View Post
Hey Bent...you seem to spend a lot of time on the real estate forum... which leads me to believe you enjoy real estate.... or at least talking shop. Why don't you get your license as it only takes 64 hours? Then you too ... can call yourself an "elite" realtor and join the club...lol...

I just love your posts...most entertaining!....Sunny
Thanks, but no thanks...I feel I can do it on my own with help if I really need it, but i don't want to be a part of the bunch. I still have hope that the bad once will leave the field and the good once will stay so we finally will be able to find the good once.

I guess the bad once have stand in line for a job at the new to open mall in my town. This was in the newspaper that realtors and mortgage brokers were in line to get a job at Macy's and Dillards....so we know what kind of advise we will get in these stores.... (maybe only in this area, I don't wnat to insult anybody and have worked in retail myself....but reading the article in the newspaper with so many "professionals" trying to get a job in these shops, I was thinking...wow)

Old 10-10-2008, 03:22 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,028,948 times
In Florida, not only don't you need college, you don't even need high school. All you need to take the test is proof that you attended 64 hours of real estate classes. Pass the test and you are an instant expert know it all on building construction, design, framing, plumbing, electric, HVAC, real estate contracts, finance, mortgages, banking, taxes, insurance, consulting, dispute resolution, neighborhood conditions, schools. And hope you learned enough during the morals and ethics sessions.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,264,919 times
You don't get to call yourself a REALTOR® by passing a test and getting a real estate license. A REALTOR® is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® (yeah, I think the all caps are stupid, too, but it's a registered term and has to be used that way, and with the ®, legally); not all real estate agents belong to NAR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals