U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:14 PM

392 posts, read 1,236,668 times

Advertisements

I just created a marketing flyer for my home. Looking to get some opinions from the pros on if its good or not. This is only half the brochure. Its going to be 11x17 on cardstock and then folded. Along with what you see here will be the MLS client Detail report, and then the back page will be "feature list." I cant finish it till I get to work, but these two pages are what I created. I attached it to this post. Please be brutally honest.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Yac; 05-07-2013 at 07:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 08:55 PM

2,124 posts, read 7,935,518 times
Can I ask why you are doing your own brochure and not your real estate agent? Just curious.

shelly

BTW, the pics are very good.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 PM

My agent did one, and I wasnt happy with it so I decided to design my own. I figure I have the time, and I'd rather him go out and get clients to see my home rather than do this stuff. I have all the tools to do this, and I have access to the materials to make the brochures as I work in a print shop.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:45 PM

2,124 posts, read 7,935,518 times
Cool. How about asking your agent to "plus" the copy? I think a few things could be spruced up there. Other than that, I think it looks good. The main purpose of the brochure is to keep your property in mind. The list of features on the back will be appreciated, I would also include the schools (if they are sought after).

Think of the clients back in the agents office, revieiwing the houses they saw, and your brochure is right there in front of them. You want it to be the one they are looking at....

Good Luck,

shelly

Old 10-08-2008, 10:51 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,888,622 times
Thumbs up Not a professional

Just had to take a look, I love looking at homes so here is the armchair opinion. The leading photo makes me wonder where the front door is. The power lines running to the house are really distracting also. Otherwise I liked how you have lots of views in and around the home. If I were in the area I would want to look at it. Good luck

Old 10-09-2008, 05:01 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Good point about the door and the lines!

Shelly, what do you mean about "plus the copy?"

Old 10-09-2008, 06:08 AM

183 posts, read 617,095 times
I just made a few changes in wording, you may not like it, but it is more concise and to the point.

Renovations include updated kitchen, roof, siding, drywall, electrical, central AC and newly added 2nd floor bathroom. The eat-in kitchen features offit oak cabinetry, a smooth top range & decorative display niche. Large family room leads out to a huge, maintenance free Trex deck with extraordinary mountain views. The home also features a formal dining room (currently used as a game room), 3 bedrooms & a recently added first floor powder room which boasts granite counter tops with an under mount sink, high grade fixtures & cabinetry. The lower level offers conveniences include a laundry center, built-in garage & a handy storage room. Fantastic yard, great views, flooded with natural light, neutral decor and the extensive renovations make this home a stand out. The location is close to schools & shopping with easy interstate access.
Offered at $194,000
1315B FAIRFAX

The pictures are great, the only things I would change are:
Take out the pot rack, elmo, trash can, and stool in the kitchen and
remove the book case/dvd rack in living room.

Other than that I think it looks great, very professional!

Old 10-09-2008, 06:30 AM

Thanks for the suggestions and rewording. I like it. The pots need to be packed away, havent had the time with getting rid of all the other clutter.

As for Elmo, he's pizza chef elmo! He's one of our needed kitchen gadgets

My first run I just printed....nice double sided glossy cardstock 11x17, folded in half. Hopefully people will take them and the house will stay in their minds.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:16 AM

45,606 posts, read 33,877,378 times
The angle of the shot of the stairs creates the perception of steepness that does not appear to be the case.

I am not sure the purpose of showing the lot line in the pictures.

I would add some more views, at different times of the day and seasons, if you have them.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The angle of the shot of the stairs creates the perception of steepness that does not appear to be the case.

I am not sure the purpose of showing the lot line in the pictures.

I would add some more views, at different times of the day and seasons, if you have them.
I had to have the lot line because people cant tell where the lot ends. Realtors havent been reading the listing or looking at the plot plan, so buyers feel the yard is much smaller than it actually is. If you see my house and the house behind, you would assume the lot is split, when in fact I own the majority of the land, whuile my neighbor (who is selling) owns about 4 feet out from his back door.

When we first bought the house, no one knew where the boundaries were, so noone bought it. We asked and got it surveyed and got the house dirt cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals