U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 AM

195 posts, read 482,080 times

Advertisements

My firm is looking at selecting a virtual tour comany that wil be universal for all our agents. We are a small firm of less than 10 agents. Our main issues are:
1. A tour that will allow for voice over such as MP3's.
2. Tour that will allow us to purchase either per listing or a yearly/monthly fee. Some agents focus more on sellers, while others focus mostly on buyers.
3. Allow us to import and use our own personal background. We have a high class Graphic Design company that does all of our marketing. We would want our tour backdrops to be uniform with our other marketing material.

I was leaning towards ubuildtours or First home Tour. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:23 AM

2,203 posts, read 8,383,141 times
I'm just going by what I've seen in my area and what I like seeing when I'm looking at VT's as a buyers agent or even the buyer . . .
The Number 1 thing I look for is the ease with which I can quickly view the home and get a "feel" for what the layout of the home is like. So many VT's these days are nothing more than a still photo with a "pan" across it. A few agents in my area use ubuildtours - I personally dislike them, and the only reason I ever sit through them is if it looks like the home might be a real possibility for my client and the agent hasn't used any still photos on his MLS listing. I'm not sure if anyone around here is using First Home Tour.

The only virtual tours that I actually enjoy looking at are the TourFactory virtual tours. These are the VT's that our high-end home listing agents use. They look professional, they're interactive, they allow for customization, the flyers are great, etc. I like that they automatically send out the VT to a number of popular websites, including realtor.com, so once I purchase a virtual tour for my listing and get the ad copy the way I like it, I don't have to worry about it. They send out an unbranded IDX link for the MLS and a fully branded link for realtor.com, etc. You have the choice between a set monthly amount or a per tour amount. As long as the TourFactory photographer is really good, the results are great. (You can also do a do-it-yourself version, but for the nominal cost it's worth it to me to have the professional do the tour.)

Old 10-17-2008, 09:30 AM

2,124 posts, read 7,937,449 times
I'm partial to the point 2 agent network. You can get your own, domain listed website (for free) and you get virtual tours with pictures you upload, and for a nominal monthly fee you can upgrade and get a fully functioning website, that allows you to post your branded or unbranded virtual tour AND you get prospecting capabilities AND the ability to upload a listing to almost every home listing website/portal out there with a click of one button.....

And get a blog portal.

Check it out and let me know if you want additional information. Point2 Agent | Listing Syndication | Real Estate Marketing

shelly

Old 10-17-2008, 09:38 AM

33,462 posts, read 58,094,082 times
Video will replace all the virtual tour operators within a few years.

With the investment you already make, why not go to video?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:45 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,668,810 times
Kari,

I use Visual Tours. It's very easy to put the tours together and it gives you a lot of choices on music, lay-out or voice over options. They don't charge per listing, instead they charge a monthly fee that allows you to have as many tours as you like. I have used the virtual tour to put together neighborhood tours and area relocation tours. I have put tours together on homes my clients have just put under contract so they can email the tour to their out-of-state family members.

Find out if Visual Tours will work for your office needs.

Good Luck!

Sandy

Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Video will replace all the virtual tour operators within a few years.

With the investment you already make, why not go to video?
Please eliborate. Syndicators?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:59 AM

I've looked at Visual Tours and Tour Factory. They seem great for the agents who get more seller clients, but what about he agents who only get 4 listings a year?
Gretchen, Thanks for the input on UBuildTours.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:03 AM

33,462 posts, read 58,094,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Strong View Post
Please eliborate. Syndicators?
Ah, yes...
Good concern.
Syndicators, may be an issue. In the short run.
In the long run, though, I see video as the .wav of the future...
I thtink RealEstateShows is working on video hosting.

Excuse me, however for dwelling on the future, while your needs are likely much more immediate...

Old 10-17-2008, 10:24 AM

2,124 posts, read 7,937,449 times
I have seen videos done recently, and they were B-A-A-A-A-D!! Now a good video I love!! and you post to youtube.....

shelly

Old 10-17-2008, 10:34 AM

993 posts, read 4,332,382 times
Tour Factory puts their virtual tours onto You Tube, too. Not sure how many buyers are looking for houses on You Tube, but more exposure never hurts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals