Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:30 PM

189 posts, read 566,418 times

Advertisements

In today's market, I live in an area that many magazines, pundits and experts have deemed a "real estate safe haven" or a "top 10 best places to buy".

How can I find the online buyer's looking for this? Im not afraid to pay for leads, I just want to pay for good ones....

I've worked with housevalues and Agentconnect.com in the past......any and all information helpful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 07:18 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Woods View Post
In today's market, I live in an area that many magazines, pundits and experts have deemed a "real estate safe haven" or a "top 10 best places to buy".

How can I find the online buyer's looking for this? Im not afraid to pay for leads, I just want to pay for good ones....

I've worked with housevalues and Agentconnect.com in the past......any and all information helpful?
Paying for leads is like paying a pimp for "love" on a street corner...
Oh, and, you are NOT Richard Gere and Julia Roberts will NOT be there for you.

I don't give the lead vampires a penny. They scrape the MLS's or other 3rd party sites, post old information, and collect calls on your own listings with the hopes of selling back to you business you have generated with your listing.
I offer to opt in for a 6 month free trial, with the unilateral right to opt in after that at a pre-agreed premium price.
They all know their product stinx and decline.

Keep helping people on CD Kingsport-Johnson Cty-Bristol, Tennessee/VA forum and you will garner some business. You won't have to ask for it, which is cool, since it is against the CD TOS.
Syndicate your efforts on multiple blog sites, your own, ActiveRain, featuredblog, realtowns, trulia, etc.

There are 7 billion people on the planet, and everyone of them has a basic need for shelter.
Meet them.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:29 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,380,737 times
The only situation where paying for leads might be worthwhile would be if they were paid a referral fee at closing.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:26 AM

502 posts, read 1,654,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Paying for leads is like paying a pimp for "love" on a street corner...
Quote of the week!

Old 03-05-2009, 08:56 AM

1,024 posts, read 4,137,472 times
Don't pay for Internet leads. Save that money and invest it into a good website. Put aside time each week to blog about real estate and your local area and people will find you online.

Sandy

Old 03-05-2009, 09:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHuntress View Post
Quote of the week!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:19 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHuntress View Post
Quote of the week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Thanks, Ladies!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 AM

215 posts, read 788,703 times
Yes! Quote of the week! I am bombarded by those "quality/pre-qualified referral" people all the time, they will sell you a "package" (at least $1k) and then also per lead...the problem with these people are that they use leads capture tools to get anyone who even looks at their site and gets their info, and you're not the only person they sell the info to, don't be surprised if your "exclusive" lead ends up being a dozen other people's "exclusive" lead. I'd agree get the website, advertise in the magazines that also do online publishing, blog like you've never blogged before!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:10 AM

15,570 posts, read 40,404,923 times
What MikeJ said...

Old 03-05-2009, 11:03 AM

1,405 posts, read 4,785,660 times
I couldn't agree with Mike more.

Besides, would you rather work with people who are referred to you by happy buyers, sellers, neighbors or fellow professionals in the area... or somebody "Acme lead mgmt ltd. inc." sends you?

That's why I'm such a believer in BNI, too. But paying for "leads"? No thanks. I'd rather spend time with people referred to me personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals