Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 09:01 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,145,886 times

Advertisements

I purchased a property from a short sale and paid cash. I received a clean title. The title was placed in my wife and my Trust Account (a regular Family Trust).

I was looking at the recording statements and I saw one dated a month after we closed that says a Substitute Trustee listing me and my wife as Grantors and Verdugo Trustee Service Corporation as the Grantee.

This is in California

I am very worried about this, what does it mean?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

EDIT
More info
At the same date/time there is a reconveyance listing my wife's and my name as Grantee. Nobody as Grantor. Could Verdugo Trust just be the company that transferred it from the banks name to mine? I don't understand why I am listed as the Grantor on the Substitute Trustee though.

Last edited by DowntownVentura; 09-12-2009 at 09:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 05:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
I would call the title company on Monday. Be prepared to fax them the recording statement.

What does your county records say?

Grantor is (usually) the Seller.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:55 PM

Thanks Denver

I put the documents in an email I sent it to the title company. I will also contact the county for some clarification. I got the info from the country recorder's web site. I won't hear from either until Monday, unfortunately.

I had done a search for Substitute Trustee and all I was landing on was this preceding foreclosure. Even there is no loan of which to foreclose, I didn't want a process to start.

I looked at all my paperwork that I signed for this transaction and there is no mention of Verdugo Trustee Services or me signing the property over to anyone.

Last edited by DowntownVentura; 09-12-2009 at 06:23 PM..

Old 09-12-2009, 06:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
You mailed COPIES, right?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
You mailed COPIES, right?
I emailed screen shots.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:33 PM

2 posts, read 22,032 times
Default Anything learned about VERDUGO TRUSTEE SERVICE CORP?

To: Downtown Ventura - The same thing has happened to me. In my case, it was a simple refinance of my home. Same as you, about a month after the refinance a new recording occurred. Did you learn anything more about this? I just opened the letetter from the Registrar Recorder/County Clerk today so have no knowledge gathered yet.
Thanks for any information!!

Old 01-17-2011, 02:02 PM

B, yes I did get it resolved by calling my county's recorder's office. It was for a different property which did have a loan. Bottom line is I wasn't able to tell on the online recorder's documents which property this was in reference to and I naturally I assumed it was for the one I just closed on.

It happened to be a weekend when I discovered this so I was looking here to see if someone knew what it was before the county's office opened Monday. I suggest you just call/email your recorder's office. They will answer specifically to your property.

I can tell you that yours was likely from the refinance. You should also have had a reconveyance from the old lender indicating the old loan is paid off.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 22,032 times
A belated thanks to you DowntownVentura for the response. I appreciate it. As for me, after I calmed down a little, I realized I had a real estate agent in the family. I called them and without giving too much information, they knew exactly what it was and I was able to verify it was all legit at that point. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals