Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:49 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,766 times

Advertisements

Agent accused of real estate fraud at center of bizarre condo foreclosure - St. Petersburg Times

Why her license is not suspended , I don't understand...
Can any of the brokers here tell me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 05:49 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,576,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Agent accused of real estate fraud at center of bizarre condo foreclosure - St. Petersburg Times

Not a broker, but the article did say that her license may be revoked:

"Disciplinary action could include license revocation and a fine of up to $5,000 for each count. The commission has referred the case to state prosecutors for investigation of possible criminal activity."

Old 10-29-2009, 06:12 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,667,398 times
Quote:

Why did the HOA deed the house to this guy? And foreclose for $546 and conveniently deed the house to this guy who is defrauding the homeowner. ? Seems kind of strange.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:19 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,985,682 times
I am a broker.

The real estate commission has the power to revoke licenses. The usual proceedure is for the commission to investigate.

Since the commission has refered the matter to state prosecutors it appears they are going after her license and seeking criminal charges. The full monty!!

The article doesn't mention it but I'd suggest the lawyer may have his own problems with the bar association.

I would not be surprised if they both get some "free rent" complements of the state's dept. of corrections!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quite a cast of characters

Salazar who failed to keep his promise to pay his mortgage and HOA fees and fled the country to obtain free medical care in Spain, for the expectant wife, hires his BIL

Lopez, who also happens to be Polin's accountant to work things out with the lender who subsequently hires

Harlan the attorney who stalls the foreclosure, and

Westchase Community Association who deeded the Salazar place to

Polin, a real estate agent, moves in with alleged hopes of getting a short sale, for herself.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:51 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
So which one is the fearless young torero ?

These stories always involve a matador.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:58 PM

355 posts, read 1,479,078 times
LOL...ads like this, direct from Century 21, certainly don't help either...

YouTube - Suzanne Researched This Commercial

God I love that ad, it's just so spectacularly awful, in its vile representation of the American couple (or at least the ad agency/Century 21's interpretation of it), in the heavy handed selling tactics and dubious arguments, and how perfect that it came out around the peak of the market. I forgot how good it was and just had to go look it up again. Simply classic.

That and the various ridiculous announcements that were coming out almost daily at one point from the NAR, particularly its spokes-hole, Lawrence Yun. They should have hired Bagdhad Bob, what a perfect fit that would be - "THERE ARE NO FORECLOSURES OR PRICE DROPS, THE REAL ESTATE MARKET IS STRONG...NOW IS A GREAT TIME TO BUY OR SELL REAL ESTATE! BUY NOW OR BE PRICED OUT FOREVER!!!"

Old 11-05-2009, 03:37 PM

315 posts, read 776,151 times
Quote:

Damn, they did not give you new one for posting this here? Actually this is just one of hundreds of cases you can find in a few minutes time via a few google searches. This is nothing new here, just another twist on how things get done in the biz by unethical agents. However, if you keep this thread going long enough, the masses here will run you off based on how this never happens. It's an elusion.

If anyone challeneges me on this point, I'll flood this thread with so many links, you'll drown in them! For real!

Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,576,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamHarman View Post
Damn, they did not give you new one for posting this here? Actually this is just one of hundreds of cases you can find in a few minutes time via a few google searches. This is nothing new here, just another twist on how things get done in the biz by unethical agents. However, if you keep this thread going long enough, the masses here will run you off based on how this never happens. It's an elusion.

If anyone challeneges me on this point, I'll flood this thread with so many links, you'll drown in them! For real!
Look, no one is disputing that real estate fraud happens. I'm sure every business/profession has their share of problems and criminal activity. But you have a tendency to imply that in general (and in several postings, all), agents are unethical and do everything possible to take advantage of buyers/sellers. I don't doubt you can post hundreds of cases. After all, there are well over a million agents in the US. I'd be surprised if there were not more than a few hundred cases.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:57 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,974,961 times
Why would we rip her a new one. She had valid points and questions.
1-Things like that to make the industry look bad.
2-She asked about penalties including the license being revoked.
3-I'm challenging you on your contention that agents are unethical. I suspect you have no higher% of the things in RE as you do any other industry. Where's your links?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals