U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Realtors: real estate, agent, buy a house, sell our home, broker.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 04:46 PM

49 posts, read 169,689 times

Advertisements

I shouldn't post when I'm fuming but....

Our agent called close to midday about someone who wanted to see the house, needed to buy now and was prequalified. I was suspicious..but my husband spent four hours cleaning the house (I was at a parent advocacy training), my son had to miss his last baseball game of the season and I had to come home early.

Well, they never showed up. Realtor didn't bother to return our realtor's call. This isn't the first time this has happened since we've been trying to sell but this just stung. We're upset, but especially so for my son.

Just needed to vent...

Mariah
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 04:54 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,339,241 times
Well on the up side you have a nice clean house to enjoy for the weekend.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:09 PM

42 posts, read 246,617 times
We just sold our home. Some of the crap that goes on is unreal.

Sorry your ds missed his game.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:55 PM

627 posts, read 2,736,907 times
Exclamation Go ahead and vent!!!!

The exact same thing happened to us when we hired an agent in Atlanta many years ago... they even went as far as just sending other agents to our home without calling us... the other agents would simply knock and if we answered quick enough (before they just walked in) we would tell them we need 24 hrs notice and no one contacted us to set up a showing, but we did have some just walk in! That agent was fired!

I was so disgusted with these so called RE Professionals that I ended up licensing all those years ago! Why hire someone else to do what I can do and do the way I want it done (with respect and courtesy) .

All in all, it is very Frustrating when you are trying to sell. If your home has been on the market a while, it might be a time for a new CMA, a sit down for some One on One time with your list agent and a complete review of their marketing. It is always good to keep open communication on a professional level.

I wish you all the very best!!

PS: You could request a copy of the showing log for your home from your agent, then contact your agent's Broker and have them talk with the other agent's Broker and demand a formal apology along with some reprimand, or you can call the other Broker directly (it would be a slap to the showing agent and might make you feel better... but will not change their bad professional practices) JMO

Old 05-19-2007, 06:06 PM

436 posts, read 1,295,464 times
I've had that happen to me...not quite as bad, but still annoying. We got a call in the morning that very interested buyers had an appointment for noon. Same thing....cleaning, running around like a nut, making sure everything was perfect. At 11:45, realtor called and said the appt. was cancelled....and never heard about them again!

Old 05-19-2007, 08:13 PM

894 posts, read 4,164,072 times
We had our house listed, and got a call from my realtor that they would be coming a little after six...Well it got to be after 7, and I called him to ask if he could call their realtor to find out when and IF they would show. He called her and her voice mail was in spanish. Well it became around 7:30 and I got a knock on the door. It was people wanting to see the house. I asked the guy who knocked for his business card thinking it was the realtor. Turns out that his realtor who is was is cousin was not with him. I showed the house by myself and when they came back in a few days to look again, still no realtor. But get this, we still had to pay a commission to her....even though she was completly useless and never came to the house.......

Old 05-19-2007, 08:31 PM

1,346 posts, read 1,943,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margel View Post
I've had that happen to me...not quite as bad, but still annoying. We got a call in the morning that very interested buyers had an appointment for noon. Same thing....cleaning, running around like a nut, making sure everything was perfect. At 11:45, realtor called and said the appt. was cancelled....and never heard about them again!
in all fairness the agent more than likely made the appointment in good faith and you can never know how a client will act or what they'll do. Maybe the buyer didn't show up, maybe they bought the first house they saw, you can get POed but why don't you find out what happened first?

I've been looking at homes and the agent I'm working with pulled some homes in an area I at first was interested in but then I decided I wasn't interested, she had to break 4 appointments.

All you sellers need to learn about the golden rule, especially in this market,

The golden rule:
he who has the gold (the buyers) make the rules

Old 05-19-2007, 08:39 PM

14,499 posts, read 25,338,699 times
Yes- and if you are not selling under pressure you can just do FSBO. Realtors are not necessary.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:58 PM

799 posts, read 3,518,341 times
This happened many times when I sold my old house. I understand buyers changing their minds about not seeing your house but for their agent not to have the courtesy to spend 3 minutes to call and cancel is aweful. My own R.E. agent did her best to keep this from happening but I can't hold her responsible for buyer agents.
The other thing was buyeres agents who didn't screen their buyers, I would do all the running around and cleaning etc. to show my house and they would come in and leave in just a few minutes and when I inquired I was told the people wanted a formal dining room or something similar which was clearly in the listing that we didn't have a formal dining room. Just bringing these people to my home was a waste of time for me and the buyers.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:32 PM

15,205 posts, read 11,410,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAnjel View Post
This happened many times when I sold my old house. I understand buyers changing their minds about not seeing your house but for their agent not to have the courtesy to spend 3 minutes to call and cancel is aweful. My own R.E. agent did her best to keep this from happening but I can't hold her responsible for buyer agents.
The other thing was buyeres agents who didn't screen their buyers, I would do all the running around and cleaning etc. to show my house and they would come in and leave in just a few minutes and when I inquired I was told the people wanted a formal dining room or something similar which was clearly in the listing that we didn't have a formal dining room. Just bringing these people to my home was a waste of time for me and the buyers.
I can relate to that. Oh, we really wanted a pool..
Did the listing say there was a pool ¿ NOT...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals