Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 08:01 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times

Advertisements

I emailed the buyer's appraisal to the negotiator. We have been working with the 2nd offer since October. This is a portfolio loan, and the buyer is also getting a loan with the same lender.

"That is quite a bit of difference between our Interior BPO which was done in October and the buyer's appraisal. I will present to Senior Management and get back to you. It will be a week or 2 before I can get appointments to review with all parties involved. I will present all the information and we will go from there.....

What's funny is that this is a vacant land parcel. What exactly did the BPO broker look inside of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 08:29 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,580,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
...What's funny is that this is a vacant land parcel. What exactly did the BPO broker look inside of?
The broker walked on the property?

Old 01-29-2010, 11:35 AM

680 posts, read 1,921,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I emailed the buyer's appraisal to the negotiator. We have been working with the 2nd offer since October. This is a portfolio loan, and the buyer is also getting a loan with the same lender.

"That is quite a bit of difference between our Interior BPO which was done in October and the buyer's appraisal. I will present to Senior Management and get back to you. It will be a week or 2 before I can get appointments to review with all parties involved. I will present all the information and we will go from there.....

What's funny is that this is a vacant land parcel. What exactly did the BPO broker look inside of?
I'm not sure if you are being funny here or not....

But they probably meant to use the word "Internal" as in their own BPO/appraisal.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:42 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
There are two types of Broker Price Opinions (BPO)
1. Interior
2. Exterior aka Drive By

There is no such animal as an Internal BPO.

Do you think a lender would send someone from corporate in South Cali to a parcel of land in rural Colorado?

Old 01-30-2010, 09:02 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,146,869 times
It may have been a paragraph clipped from another document and changed as appropriate (missing Interior).

I think it is all a ruse. I don't think they are contacting senior management (there is no need). I also don't think they are going to call you. They want you to call them. They realize that you, as the agent, will only get paid if it closes as a short sale. If it goes to foreclosure, you get nothing. They are counting on you to become anxious.

When you do call in a couple of weeks, their response will be, "I just got done talking with senior management and they feel the terms are a little short". (they may add in that an auction date has been assigned or they have another offer). They will then attempt to negotiate your commission down or have the buyer come up with more cash.

It is not to say it won't still be a great deal for the buyer but the bank realizes that you, as the agent have the most at risk right now.

The above is all just my uneducated opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:26 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,897,149 times
I'm stuck on October. What does October have anything to do with it? It's January for god sakes.
And I'm assuming an 'internal' bpo would mean one that the bank ordered themselves...in other words their bpo vs your appraisal.
Again, down where I am, October would kick their bpo out of the box...they would have to order a new one.
Such strange times, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals