Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:19 AM

948 posts, read 2,790,748 times

Advertisements

I have been contacted twice recently from buyers agents that have clients that bought properties I had listed last year - the buyers accountants are requesting the sellers HUD-1 for tax purposes. I am at a loss as to why it is needed, (the only response I have gotten is "they just need it") not to mention the sellers don't seem interested in releasing. Anyone else running into this and know if it is truly necessary. They both were FHA buyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 10:11 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,575,100 times
Why is the seller's HUD-1 different than what the buyers got? There is only one HUD-1 listing both seller and buyer costs. Each should have received a copy.

It would be needed to document items deductible on their tax return such as paying points. Also, if they are first time buyers, will be needed to submit for the credit.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:26 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
The buyers side of the HUD-1 has all the relevant information they would need. Any credit from the sellers would show up on the buyers HUD-1. They should be asking the escrow company and not the real estate company. If escrow says no, then that's all she wrote.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:32 AM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
rjrcm, in Oregon, WA and CA they are separated. The buyer's don't get to see the sellers HUD and the sellers don't get to see the buyers HUD.

I can see no reason for the buyers to have the sellers HUD. I'd say no and refer them to the title company.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:23 PM

They are separated here as well - I am of the same feeling as your responses - having gotten 2 requests in such a short time frame I was concerned there was some new idiotic IRS requirement - Buyers had first asked title co and they deferred to me since I had sellers contact #'s. Thanks for your replies.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:32 PM

OK, maybe I've been missing something, but what's different between the two? Don't both have to disclose all buyer and seller closing costs/credits?

Old 03-03-2010, 05:10 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
OK, maybe I've been missing something, but what's different between the two? Don't both have to disclose all buyer and seller closing costs/credits?
Yes but the seller's one has what their final payout was, and the buyer's has their payout owed. It makes no sense for a tax attorney to need to know what the seller got from the sale of their home.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
buyers hud1 strictly shows buyers cost - sellers strictly shows sellers cost. I have never known one to be disclosed to the other.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Yes but the seller's one has what their final payout was, and the buyer's has their payout owed. It makes no sense for a tax attorney to need to know what the seller got from the sale of their home.
Thanks. Ours has "Cash (From) (To) Seller" and "Cash ( From) (To) Borrower" on the same form. Buyer and seller each sees what the other got or owed.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:45 PM

301 posts, read 1,435,278 times
Quote:
Thanks. Ours has "Cash (From) (To) Seller" and "Cash ( From) (To) Borrower" on the same form. Buyer and seller each sees what the other got or owed.
Same here--and we're in Washington. We thought it was strange that we could see exactly how much the owners "made" on the sale... not much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals