Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:19 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
How has she cost you 3 houses?
This is what I was wondering. A lot depends on the answer, though, as said, most agents/brokers don't want an unhappy client.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,378 times
I would like to withdraw from my contract I signed with my agent a month ago due to the below reasons - what's the best way to do that ?

First, it's related to the wrong estimation of our house. the agent
emphasized that he had 30 years of experience in real estate and that he
specializes in our neighbourhood (big lie he is not even from toronto ) and priced out house %10 higher than its current market value. He forced and emphasised using a staging company he claimed he had been working with for years that was absolutely false and he had never worked with that company. After a week when we had no showings he suggested a price reduction of $100K (almost 10%) within only a week is a strong reflection of his incorrect judgment.
The other aspect that I find personally offensive is the constant use of
swear words not to mention his very inappropriate comments about our
religion and background.

I find his frequent use of the "f" words and his aggressive attitude offensive, intolerable and totally unacceptable.

I spoke with his office manager in Oakville to request a termination of his contract which she refused and suggested the below:
the agent is willing to share the listing 50/50 with another agent. I

grounds for the termination; (1) he misrepresented the price at the time the agency agreement was signed and only 1 week after the agreement was signed he
wanted to reduce the price by at least $100,000 (this is a significant
change and it was the main reason we signed on with him) (2)
in violation of the Human Rights Code - making racist statements
(3) his abusive, rude and unstable behaviour.
He yelled at me numerous times reducing me to tears and made this experience full of anxiety and fear.

How can I get rid of him ?

Old 07-23-2010, 08:20 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmostaedi View Post
...I spoke with his office manager in Oakville to request a termination of his contract which she refused and suggested the below:

grounds for the termination; (1) he misrepresented the price at the time the agency agreement was signed and only 1 week after the agreement was signed he
He yelled at me numerous times reducing me to tears and made this experience full of anxiety and fear.

Talk to an attorney who can review your contract and suggest options.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:58 PM

63 posts, read 196,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellmyhouse View Post
My house is on the market for $30K less than the others that have sold on the block (they are all basically the same)
I have lowered the price 3xs at her suggestion. We have been getting a lot of showings but no offers. The agent puts ads online and in 1 newspaper (which is not the right newspaper and we told her which one we wanted). First she said no one reads the papers and only looks online and then she puts it in the paper (it doesn't make sense) She has open houses and no one comes because of her lack of advertising appropriately. She also puts up 1 sign on the block, when there definitely needs to be more.
If you are getting a lot of showings then she is doing her job. I am not trying to be negative but a listing agents job is to get showings they can not make people buy the home. If you are getting a lot of showings yet no one is buying something must not be appealing to the buyer. Just maybe a couple of suggestions and i am not even sure if they apply or not to your property. Clutter you are going to have to move anyway so the best thing you can do for your home on the market is to pack anything that is not necessary to your everyday living including large pieces of furniture. Second personal pictures people can not picture themselves in your home if they see you or your family in your home everywhere. Just a few suggestions

Old 07-25-2010, 11:01 PM

63 posts, read 196,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmostaedi View Post
I would like to withdraw from my contract I signed with my agent a month ago due to the below reasons - what's the best way to do that ?

First, it's related to the wrong estimation of our house. the agent
emphasized that he had 30 years of experience in real estate and that he
specializes in our neighbourhood (big lie he is not even from toronto ) and priced out house %10 higher than its current market value. He forced and emphasised using a staging company he claimed he had been working with for years that was absolutely false and he had never worked with that company. After a week when we had no showings he suggested a price reduction of $100K (almost 10%) within only a week is a strong reflection of his incorrect judgment.
The other aspect that I find personally offensive is the constant use of
swear words not to mention his very inappropriate comments about our
religion and background.

I find his frequent use of the "f" words and his aggressive attitude offensive, intolerable and totally unacceptable.

I spoke with his office manager in Oakville to request a termination of his contract which she refused and suggested the below:

You said office manager? Is this the company owner because I am pretty sure that if you state to the owner that you are going to file charges for the racist statements to the state licensing professionals things might be a little different.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:09 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,379 times
A contract is just that - it's binding. Call and speak with the broker / owner and ask that the listing be assigned to another agent. Each state is different - read your contract.
Here in CO, the listing is actually owned by the firm (real estate agency), you can request the listing be assigned to another agent.
Best wishes.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:45 AM

1,095 posts, read 3,998,311 times
Contracts can be terminated for any number of reasons. There's nothing magical about a listing contract that prevents someone from terminating it or attempting to.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:20 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptowner View Post
Contracts can be terminated for any number of reasons. There's nothing magical about a listing contract that prevents someone from terminating it or attempting to.
Why on earth would a listing agent want to try to sell a home for someone who truly didin't want to work with them anymore?
I don't get it.

I'll void ten of them before I will make an enemy trying to enforce one to stay listed to the expiration date.

I do tell people they can't fire me once they are under contract to sell or buy. They still have the right to go to the BIC for a pinch hitter..
Seems fair to me.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:30 PM

3 posts, read 4,475 times
My contract is up in 10 days.What if i sell soon after that on my own? Will i be in trouble with my realtor ?

Old 01-05-2012, 02:36 PM

3 posts, read 4,475 times
[quote=sharon kay johnson;22412217]My contract is up in 10 days.What if i sell soon after that on my own? Will i be in trouble with my realtor ? My realtor has done very little to help me sell my house. /quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals