U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:40 PM

4,758 posts, read 7,812,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armenh View Post
Your initial post made a lot of sense to me and I appreciate the feedback! I am definately considering marketing myself as part of the KW brand and not as a separate entity.
Thank you! I wish you well in your ventures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 05:57 AM

980 posts, read 1,994,195 times
I don't know how KW operates in CA, but I imagine it's the same as VA. KW encourages you to market yourself....it's very much about you and not KW. I just designed my own signs with my LLC name. I still have to give credit to KW, but it's OK for my name to be prominent...I just have to put their logo somewhere on the sign. Heck, even on my "KW" signs, my name is more prominent and all contact information comes back to me.

I was with another brokerage that wouldn't allow us to put our names or phone numbers on the signs. We were allowed to use a sign rider with our contact info....and the attitude was that we should be happy they even let us do that. Some companies just don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenh View Post
Hello all, I will be getting my Real Esate Agents license in June. I am located in California. I will be putting my license with Keller Williams. My question is as an agent and not a broker, could I create my own brand within Keller Williams. Let's say I dont want to market myself with my name and last name, I want to have a company name instead, would I be able to do that if I have a RE license and am with a large firm like KW?

Also, if I am able too, do I need to create a LLC, or corporation to be able to have that company within Keller Williams?

Old 05-25-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish Thompson View Post
I don't know how KW operates in CA, but I imagine it's the same as VA. KW encourages you to market yourself....it's very much about you and not KW. I just designed my own signs with my LLC name. I still have to give credit to KW, but it's OK for my name to be prominent...I just have to put their logo somewhere on the sign. Heck, even on my "KW" signs, my name is more prominent and all contact information comes back to me.

I was with another brokerage that wouldn't allow us to put our names or phone numbers on the signs. We were allowed to use a sign rider with our contact info....and the attitude was that we should be happy they even let us do that. Some companies just don't get it.
Because of so much misinformation, I offer the following facts:

RE/MAX was the original "market yourself" model. Since 1973, RE/MAX agents have been in a TEAM marketing mode. I encourage you to look at any RE/MAX sign, nearly all of them have a photo of the agent/or their personal team logo, plus the entire white part of the sign is dedicated to the individual agent.

The major difference, and let's allow for heads up costs, is that RE/MAX's national, regional, and local advertising backs up the agent's personal efforts.

The RE/MAX model has always made certain agents get all their listing contact calls.

I really don't understand how any one can seriously look at any brand other than RE/MAX. I can understand that certain RE/MAX brokers are not as strong as individual independent/other brand brokers in certain areas, but even at the weakest RE/MAX broker plus all the benefits offered by RE/MAX International just wins every time.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:10 PM

6,954 posts, read 10,615,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I really don't understand how any one can seriously look at any brand other than RE/MAX. I can understand that certain RE/MAX brokers are not as strong as individual independent/other brand brokers in certain areas, but even at the weakest RE/MAX broker plus all the benefits offered by RE/MAX International just wins every time.
They don't win every time. Many of the other brands offer great training and marketing for the agents. My listing calls come to me. I can put my own # on the signs. Are you able to turn every single thread into a Re/Max ad? They are a fine company, but there are other companies that are as good. There are advantages and disadvantages in every brand.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
They don't win every time. Many of the other brands offer great training and marketing for the agents. My listing calls come to me. I can put my own # on the signs. Are you able to turn every single thread into a Re/Max ad? They are a fine company, but there are other companies that are as good. There are advantages and disadvantages in every brand.
Brandon, you are exactly right at the brokerage level. So, how does an agent choose which way to roll? I recommend that an agent looking should lay out 18 (more or less) criteria questions they feel are important. Then go play a game of golf. Score each brokerage on a "1" to however many you interview score. (interview 5 brokers, the best gets a 1, and the worst gets a 5)

Then total the scores. The firm that produces the lowest total score is likely to be the place for you.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Brandon, you are exactly right at the brokerage level. So, how does an agent choose which way to roll? I recommend that an agent looking should lay out 18 (more or less) criteria questions they feel are important. Then go play a game of golf. Score each brokerage on a "1" to however many you interview score. (interview 5 brokers, the best gets a 1, and the worst gets a 5)

Then total the scores. The firm that produces the lowest total score is likely to be the place for you.
And here I thought it was a simple matter of which brokerage puts in the best position to be successful.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
And here I thought it was a simple matter of which brokerage puts in the best position to be successful.
It is exactly that.

I still stand by my point that in a grossly overwhelming set of results, short only the local quality of brokerages, the scorecard will result in a RE/MAX victory.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
It is exactly that.

I still stand by my point that in a grossly overwhelming set of results, short only the local quality of brokerages, the scorecard will result in a RE/MAX victory.
Based on what criteria?

Old 05-26-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Based on what criteria?
You set the criteria. Lay out 18 or so points that you consider important to which broker you want to join. You can even place weights on each point just like a par on a golf hole. For example, you need the office to be convenient. The closest office to you is 1st place, the farthest is 5th etc.

Point is: you must use objective criteria such as: "How many listings did the average agent in the office sell?" another would be: "What was the average gross commission income of the office?" You could even ask: "What is the average licensed tenure of the agents in the office?"

I don't want to tell you which questions you need to ask. To do so could leave the door open to suggesting favoritism.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:19 PM

Why would I care about the other agents average listings? I care what I list and what the company does for me. I guess my card would consist of :
1-Who puts me in best chance to succeed? (18 times)

If you want sub categories it would be in no particular order:
1-Relo Program
2-BIC sells
3-BIC open door policy
4-Splits
5-Training programs
6-Personal office
7-Admin to input data
8-Lead placement
9-Technology/Tools/Marketing provided
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals