U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 05-26-2010, 11:00 PM
 
Location: Louisville KY Metro area
4,648 posts, read 6,999,419 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Why would I care about the other agents average listings? I care what I list and what the company does for me. I guess my card would consist of :
1-Who puts me in best chance to succeed? (18 times)

If you want sub categories it would be in no particular order:
1-Relo Program
2-BIC sells
3-BIC open door policy
4-Splits
5-Training programs
6-Personal office
7-Admin to input data
8-Lead placement
9-Technology/Tools/Marketing provided

A firm's averages are indicative of how well they support, train, and inspire the agents of that firm.

Your sub-categories are what gives foundations to your main category. Not sure what you mean by # 2.

I will tell you that simply using the franchise models without individual broker consideration, RE/MAX blows all the doors off the competition on your 9 sub-cats which means they win your main category by a landslide. KW can't match on any point nor can any Realogy model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 05-26-2010, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
6,815 posts, read 9,650,227 times
Reputation: 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
A firm's averages are indicative of how well they support, train, and inspire the agents of that firm.

Your sub-categories are what gives foundations to your main category. Not sure what you mean by # 2.

I will tell you that simply using the franchise models without individual broker consideration, RE/MAX blows all the doors off the competition on your 9 sub-cats which means they win your main category by a landslide. KW can't match on any point nor can any Realogy model.
Please just stop with the Re/Max junk. Nobody cares. If anything, you make me not want to go there. I can assure you that Re/Max does not blow the doors off. You won't change my mind. Re/Max is a good company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-27-2010, 05:12 AM
 
Location: Louisville KY Metro area
4,648 posts, read 6,999,419 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Please just stop with the Re/Max junk. Nobody cares. If anything, you make me not want to go there. I can assure you that Re/Max does not blow the doors off. You won't change my mind. Re/Max is a good company.
Brandon, you are not the point. The point is that a whole lot of junk has been spread about RE/MAX. RE/MAX is like being Christian in today's PC correct world with so much false criticism instead of looking at all the good facts. All I am attempting to do with the RE/MAX "junk" is to remind others on this forum to be careful with falsehoods which drive emotional decisions. You have made an emotional decision to deny facts. All I am attempting to do is to support what I saw as a poor business plan by the OP of this thread in which he mentioned another firm and its model as part of his business plan.

I am not HYPING RE/MAX so much as I am DEFENDING RE/MAX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-27-2010, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
6,815 posts, read 9,650,227 times
Reputation: 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Brandon, you are not the point. The point is that a whole lot of junk has been spread about RE/MAX. RE/MAX is like being Christian in today's PC correct world with so much false criticism instead of looking at all the good facts. All I am attempting to do with the RE/MAX "junk" is to remind others on this forum to be careful with falsehoods which drive emotional decisions. You have made an emotional decision to deny facts. All I am attempting to do is to support what I saw as a poor business plan by the OP of this thread in which he mentioned another firm and its model as part of his business plan.

I am not HYPING RE/MAX so much as I am DEFENDING RE/MAX.
Nobody here has talked "junk" about Re/Max. We are tired of you spouting off about your company on every thread.

I decided to look up the local Re/Max agents since they sell the most real estate in the world. As of 5 minutes ago on my MLS there are only 6 Re/Max agents ranked in the top 100 for closed transactions in 2010, the highest of which is #8 (does foreclosures), next highest is #57. The bottom 3 are 96,97, 99. How is such a mighty brand failing to produce more closed properties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-27-2010, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Louisville KY Metro area
4,648 posts, read 6,999,419 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Nobody here has talked "junk" about Re/Max. We are tired of you spouting off about your company on every thread.

I decided to look up the local Re/Max agents since they sell the most real estate in the world. As of 5 minutes ago on my MLS there are only 6 Re/Max agents ranked in the top 100 for closed transactions in 2010, the highest of which is #8 (does foreclosures), next highest is #57. The bottom 3 are 96,97, 99. How is such a mighty brand failing to produce more closed properties?
And how many top producers in the other firms? In the Louisville Market, as of March 31, (last reliable data that I have) 14 of the top 50 are RE/MAX with a 22% market share. There are 4000 agents in the Louisville MLS, 390 are RE/MAX, yet 10% does 22%. Your market is very atypical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-27-2010, 09:41 PM
 
Location: The Greater Houston Metro Area
6,570 posts, read 6,386,084 times
Reputation: 6808
To the Op:

I am no longer with Keller Williams, but still totally respect their training. Take the class (4-3-3? - it's been awhile) - then take it again. After you cap a couple of years - go with a 100% company - you are now marketing you and you only, without having to pay 30% until capping. At that point, you are better off using that money to market yourself and your own brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-27-2010, 09:43 PM
 
Location: The Greater Houston Metro Area
6,570 posts, read 6,386,084 times
Reputation: 6808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Nobody here has talked "junk" about Re/Max. We are tired of you spouting off about your company on every thread.
Second that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-28-2010, 05:34 AM
 
Location: Louisville KY Metro area
4,648 posts, read 6,999,419 times
Reputation: 1798
I encourage everyone who has followed this post to re-read it from the start. I never mentioned RE/MAX. That is until others condemned RE/MAX first. I have attempted to defend RE/MAX, but not for the defense of RE/MAX, but rather to make certain that members of this forum not fail by misunderstanding that the hype can be very misleading.

In doing so, I am certain that I have appeared to be something I am not. I am a realist, not a pie in the sky guy. I wish I had better communication skills.

Let's get back to the OP and my comments about the OP. All I said, and still say, as one of the latest posts agrees, is, "why pay 30% of your Gross Commission Income, and not use the main reason for joining a franchise?"

The entire reason to join any franchise is to increase NET INCOME. It's not about splits, training, culture, teamwork, or esteem, that is unless they add to the individual agent's net bottom line. As a broker-owner of a franchise, I see it as my responsibility to do everything I can to maximize every agent's personal income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top