Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:33 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,423,845 times

Advertisements

I had a no show last month on one of my listings, very lame as client had made up and vacated the home.

I've had a total of probably 4 no shows/no calls over the years in both Utah and Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 08:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,483,367 times
Buyers have been standing up agents since forever. Not all of them give their agent a courtesy call in advance.

Some buyer's agents don't give courtesy calls, either. It seems particularily acute with out of area agents. Who knows, maybe by the time they realize they have been stood up, it's beyond the appointment time.

Listing agents prepare their selling clients for the always possible no show because they have no control over other people and the general public.

Craigs list is not the way to get sold, at least in my area. Serious buyers know all the hot spots, realtor.com, redfin, truilia or brokerage web sites. Absolutely no reason to troll Crags list.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:05 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,423,845 times
I like Craigslist for routing people to my website, but that's about it.

I've sold 3 houses (one actually very quickly) on CL a few years ago, but these days I get nothing but flakes and tire kickers.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:14 AM

4,567 posts, read 10,603,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Serious buyers know all the hot spots, realtor.com, redfin, truilia or brokerage web sites. Absolutely no reason to troll Crags list.
Sure there is. For sale by owner.

I've found some really good for sale by owner on craigslist. You can sort out all the broker sales and only view for sale by owner. If I see a broker's listing, I just report it to craigslist with one click. Usually unwanted property, inherited property, or just people who hate realtors and want to try and sell it themselves.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:01 AM

10,907 posts, read 21,868,550 times
Quote:
Buyers have been standing up agents since forever. Not all of them give their agent a courtesy call in advance.
Heck, I've even been stood up for listing appointments.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:24 PM

17 posts, read 38,381 times
WE did a remodel at the house we are selling. WE were unable to have the house show ready during that time. The remodel is done. Today we had a showing scheduled. As always, we got it ready, cleaned , put everything away, kept lights on and on and on just to find out..........another no show. We are fed up. We think our real estate agent has the responsibility to know what agent wants to show the house and to whom. The other agent has the responsibility to inform our agent if the show falls or has fallen through. Ignoring it is unpro. Ignoring to let us know is unpro. This happend a number of times. I informed our real eatate agent that we wish to take the house off the market but she was not happy about that and talked me into another show on Tuesday . The same person that did not show today wants to reschedule for Tuesday. My husband is not happy. He says we are not dealing with the right kind of real estate agent. A professional real estate person will do everything in their power to follow through. Not sure what will hapen Tuesday night.

Were do I find a professional real estate person? In Chesterfield, VA

Old 08-19-2011, 02:30 PM

10,907 posts, read 21,868,550 times
Why do you feel it is your agents fault when another agent doesn't show up? I don't understand the correlation.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:50 PM

8,074 posts, read 10,001,693 times
Seems like there is a bifurcation amongst realtors, clients and people, in general.

There are those who accept responsibility, and those that don't seem to care. Some people clean their homes like never before when they have a showing; others seem to say 'here it is', take it or leave it...and many people don't seem to much care.

A GOOD realtor, to my way of thinking, comes to preview the property so they know what they are talking about with their clients. A GOOD realtor also sits down with the clients to understand excatly what they think they want (written list), what they can afford (documented), and where they wish to reside (plotted on a map). This puts the relationship on a serious and professional level right out of the gate. The 'casual, oh yeah, why don't you show us some houses on Friday if we don't have anything else to do' is halted right out of the gate. As stated here, that casual approach wastes realtor time, seller time and binds the buyer to some responsibility to show up and perform their role in the process.

Seems like there are a lot of people, both realtors and clients...and sellers too...that take the whole process very casually and don't give a damn about anyone's time..until it is their own. I got so pissed at one point in the process with no-shows, realtors who didn't leave cards, realtors who offered no feedback, etc. that i wanted to charge anyone a fee to come look. Sounds harsh, but i had a nice property, at a very fair price, and if people couldn't be repsonisble for themselves, i felt that charging them a fee to look would cut me down to the core buyers. Really, with proper legwork, you can just about know everything about a house before you actaully see it. Not showing is just plain rude, and unprofessional.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM

982 posts, read 3,477,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I am retired and throughout my life I have bought and sold many homes. I lived mostly in the PA/NJ/DE area. Maybe I was just lucky, but every realtor that I bought or sold with was wonderful. They made real estate transactions easy.
Then I retired and moved to NC and now SC. I have only made two home purchases, one sale, and my current home is for sale. I am not sure what happened but I have run into the worst realtors on the the planet.
The most recent episode is with the house I now have for sale. The realtor did nothing more than put a sign up, place it on realtor.com and in the locale MLS. IMO, that is not much of 6%. In the 90 days it was under that realtors contract I had seven scheduled showings. All the showings were by other realtors. Four of the seven were "no shows" and never even bothered to call to cancel. One of the remaining three was a repeat. Here's the topper; my security camera picked up part of the conversation between the realtor and the two visit buyer. The realtor acutally talked them out of buying my house and recommended one of her listings instead.
Finally the contract ended with that realtor and I searched for another realtor. The next agent came over and recommened I lower my price which I did. We set up a date to have them come by and take pictures and sign the sales contract. The day they were suppose to be there I had the carpets cleaned and deep cleaned the house. They never showed. Four o'clock I got a call from this agent who was oblivious to our scheduled appointment.
They did not get my listing.
Never have I had a realtor not show in PA. Only once was a realtor late for a schedule appointment and she called to let me know she would be late.
I can't imagine any business person being so rude and ignorant as to not show for an appointment, and worse, not call.
I am now FSBO until I can find a decent realtor in the area.
Don
I can relate, and I'm an agent. There are so many rude, unprofessional agents in my area that I'm considering getting out of the business. I submitted an offer on a property and the list agent emailed me to tell me his clients were out of town and he'd have a response for me in a week when his clients returned from vacation. One week later, I called him for an update. He gave a bunch of excuses and promised to get back to me. Three days later, I called him again but had to leave a message. He emailed me to say his clients were thinking about the offer and would have a response soon. I advised my client to withdraw but she didn't want to. I responded to the agent and cc'd his broker and my broker. STILL NO RESPONSE! A month later my client asked me to check on the offer again. I did. The agent replied; told me to check my mail again because he responded to let me know my client's offer was rejected. He hadn't. I forwarded his email, telling me that his clients were thinking about the offer I submitted, and asked him to point out to me where it read that my client's offer was rejected. He ignored me. What pissed me off even more was that I'm confident that if I had pursued the issue, I would have been able to prove that the agent never even submitted my client's offer. The problem? My punk-a$$ broker. He is more concerned with his reputation and not being seen as a trouble-maker than protecting the integrity of real estate transactions. No wonder so many people hate us!

Old 08-26-2011, 03:52 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,712,468 times
Quote:

Craigs list is not the way to get sold, at least in my area. Serious buyers know all the hot spots, realtor.com, redfin, truilia or brokerage web sites. Absolutely no reason to troll Crags list.
The sites you listed get their info from MLS right? That means commission. FSBO can advertise on Craigslist without being on MLS, so no commission for agents. So hot spot = $$$ for agents Troll site = no $$$ for agent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate