Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2010, 10:51 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,107,901 times

Advertisements

If a home for sale has a hottub inside the home (sunroom), how would that be hooked up?
Does a water line run to it or do you fill it up with a hose?
Does it plug in to run?
Does it come apart if it you want to get rid of it (but it was put in when the sunroom was added on, hence no walls at that point and so no larger doorway in the room it's in, to get it out if need be).
Would it require a CO?
How does a hot tub need to be maintained?
Do they make covers that LOCK (small children in the home concerns)?
If you don't want to use it, can you just leave it dry for a few years?
How do you drain it if you want to drain it?

Sorry for the list of questions. I know nothing and want to be prepared and informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,577,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2BHere View Post
If a home for sale has a hottub inside the home (sunroom), how would that be hooked up?
Does a water line run to it or do you fill it up with a hose?

Usually you fill it up with a hose.

Does it plug in to run?

Either plugged in or hardwired. Should have a dedicated circuit.

Does it come apart if it you want to get rid of it (but it was put in when the sunroom was added on, hence no walls at that point and so no larger doorway in the room it's in, to get it out if need be).

May have to take out a section of wall to get it out.

Would it require a CO?

Not sure what that means - may be a local thing. Probably needed a permit for electrical wiring. The sunroom should also have been permitted.

How does a hot tub need to be maintained?

Will need to periodically drain, clean filters, refill and maintain proper chemical balance for sanitizing the water. Procedure will depend on the model instructions.

Do they make covers that LOCK (small children in the home concerns)?

Yes.

If you don't want to use it, can you just leave it dry for a few years?

Be sure to drain it completely.

How do you drain it if you want to drain it?

Will depend on the model. Mine has drain outlets for connecting a garden hose to drain.

Sorry for the list of questions. I know nothing and want to be prepared and informed.
Hope this helps.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:45 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,146,631 times
rjrcm provided great info. I will add a couple of points
  • If drained too long, the seals around the jets can get dry and no longer work well. They may need replacement. It isn't a big deal to replace them.
  • It seems to me that only the short sighted would not leave an opening large enough to get the tub out of the sunroom. If you measure top to bottom (without the cover), it is probably less than 36". Is there a 36" door out of the sunroom?

Old 07-31-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
rjrcm provided great info. I will add a couple of points
  • If drained too long, the seals around the jets can get dry and no longer work well. They may need replacement. It isn't a big deal to replace them.
  • It seems to me that only the short sighted would not leave an opening large enough to get the tub out of the sunroom. If you measure top to bottom (without the cover), it is probably less than 36". Is there a 36" door out of the sunroom?
Yes, there is a large double french door opening, but only leading to other rooms inside the home. I would have to see if there are any other openings within the home that are around 36" to allow the hottub out.

I agree, it would be shortsighted but people do things like that sometimes. There could be an opening somewhere that we could get it out. I will be sure to look. Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:56 AM

Default thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
Hope this helps.
SO VERY much, thank you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate