U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 01:29 PM

318 posts, read 422,989 times
Default Are there "investment realtors"?

Are there realtors specialize in investment properties? Or are there just some realtors handle more investment properties and know more about rental market (or may list rentals) besides the general real estate market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 02:22 PM

10,679 posts, read 16,967,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls88 View Post
Are there realtors specialize in investment properties? Or are there just some realtors handle more investment properties and know more about rental market (or may list rentals) besides the general real estate market?

Yes there are agents that specialize in investment properties. Often they are investors themselves.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:06 PM

Thank you. Could you please suggest ways of finding one?

Old 08-04-2010, 03:12 PM

1,571 posts, read 3,253,474 times
ASK. I found many Realtors don't have invesment property themselves.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:22 PM

6,924 posts, read 6,987,193 times
Do you know any investors to ask for a referral to a realtor? probably the best source.

I handle investment property in Houston and am surprised by the general ignorance of most realtors in this area. My people come from referrals from other investors. I will not handle someone out of the blue, the learning curve is too steep and it's a enormous amount of time.

I used to do investment seminars until it just got too much to fit in - possibly you can look in the newspaper to see if anyone is doing this in Austin. Go to the seminar and listen to see if they appear to know what they are talking about.

Not too keen on the investment clubs. It seems like what they are most adept at is parting you from your money for joining and "coaching", etc.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:07 PM

5,930 posts, read 10,480,395 times
You could try looking at realtor.com and search for members that have a CCIM designation (Certified Commercial and Investment Member). I had that one in the early '80's, but I let it lapse when I moved to the country.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 AM

10,653 posts, read 5,820,876 times
If you're asking this question, i'd invest elsewhere.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:45 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,454,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls88 View Post
Thank you. Could you please suggest ways of finding one?
You can easily find these RE Agents that are also investors by looking into the local real estate investment clubs. One of the best places to find a list of these is on meetup.com. I checked the Austin area and see over a dozen different investor groups. Most of these meetup group listings will allow you to view the member list, and RE Agents normally indicate their business there. I've met some really nice RE Agents at these groups.

Good luck on the search and if you have any inspection questions let me know I would be happy to answer them for you.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:22 AM

6,649 posts, read 8,602,773 times
You could join the TXREIC, its free,

Texas Real Estate Investors Circle

Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 AM

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I think all I need is a hard-working realtor who really want to do a good job and build a long working relationship with his/her customers, who doesn't just push customers closing a house quickly so he/she can make the commission, and can tell me "these are the areas that we can look into ", "this is the rent generally in these areas" and "this is what I do and charge for renting out the house for you", etc. All I want is to buying one property for now. Since I am not in a hurry, I will take the time and find a real good one. Thank you all again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate