Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 08:43 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,442,640 times

Advertisements

Pro - View of Beach

Con - Drowning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 12:45 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,172,981 times
Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted to live by the beach. Growing up, we used to go to the beach over the summer sometimes.

The idea of living somewhere where I could always hear the sound of the waves crashing against the beach sounds very peaceful.

Of course, the reality is probably completely different.....

Old 06-08-2015, 12:52 PM

15,790 posts, read 20,455,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted to live by the beach. Growing up, we used to go to the beach over the summer sometimes.

The idea of living somewhere where I could always hear the sound of the waves crashing against the beach sounds very peaceful.

Of course, the reality is probably completely different.....

It gets old quick.

Pros:
It's a beach. It's nice in the summer

Cons:
It's a beach. It's PACKED in the summer. Running an errand to a store 5 miles away sucks because on a hot Sat in the middle of the summer it takes me forever to get OFF the beach due to traffic. Then I need to sit in the same traffic to get back to the beach just to go home. Need to plan my trips well because going to pick up something ot eat can be an hour round trip due to traffic.

Then you have your other issues like Nor-easters and hurricanes and flooding and HIGH insurance costs.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:18 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,609,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
You guys realize this thread is five years old, right?
Oh, this is funny. Look at me just followin along. Wonder how it went for Alexandria. Best.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:35 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,383,004 times
Pros- views, private beach, nice

Cons- more expensive, natural disaster, rust/moisture issues

Old 06-08-2015, 03:26 PM

8,005 posts, read 7,205,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
It gets old quick.

Pros:
It's a beach. It's nice in the summer

Cons:
It's a beach. It's PACKED in the summer. Running an errand to a store 5 miles away sucks because on a hot Sat in the middle of the summer it takes me forever to get OFF the beach due to traffic. Then I need to sit in the same traffic to get back to the beach just to go home. Need to plan my trips well because going to pick up something ot eat can be an hour round trip due to traffic.

Then you have your other issues like Nor-easters and hurricanes and flooding and HIGH insurance costs.
Hasn't gotten old for me after over 25 years. My beach is never packed, not even on July 4th. Hurricanes, when they hit, are just as bad for my nearby neighbors who aren't on the ocean. The constant background sound of the waves and the entire Atlantic Ocean as a back yard make up for having to replace the AC compressor every five years and the other small negatives. Can't imagine having to put a surfboard on the car to go surfing.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:57 AM

1,633 posts, read 1,641,737 times
You are right JKgourmet ! Probably AlexandriaVA11 is enjoying with his family an oceanfront property as a homeowner at present time and we don't even know it.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:59 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,101,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
You guys realize this thread is five years old, right?
Someone always comes along with this reminder, as though the thread has no more relevance once the OP gets their answer. Just do the record, it's now seven years later, and I just did a google search in the pros and cons of waterfronts ntnproperty. I was thrilled that see this thread pop up. That's the benefit of a public forum. It can help multiple users. J/S.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:18 AM

586 posts, read 553,730 times
You guys realize this thread is seven years old, right?

Old 04-23-2017, 11:20 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,101,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelfer View Post
You guys realize this thread is seven years old, right?
Thanks for the reminder. 😀
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate