Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 05:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
All just part of buying a house.
Yes sir and it's the flip side of the coin for sellers who clean up and take the kids and animals out only to later learn the buyers cancelled the appointment or were a no show.

Buying and selling are stressful and it so often comes down to the last minute on both ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Yep MAM you are so right! It seems common courtesy has been forgotten by buyers, sellers and agents... NOT all but most.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:33 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,122 times
My hubby flew out 1600 miles to see a house. We had the appt set up quite a while in advance. Hubby was talking to me via an earpiece on the phone during the walk through. Tenants were home. Dog was home and inside. Did I mention half the time I couldn't hear hubby over the dog barking? I did hear him however regarding the dog feces on the laundry room floor. TV was on, tenants were cooking, dog barking, kids home. Just one big chaotic mess.

We did pass on the house and it is still for sale.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:47 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Yep MAM you are so right! It seems common courtesy has been forgotten by buyers, sellers and agents... NOT all but most.
Most? You think MOST sellers are cancelling their showings? You think MOST buyers are not showing up?

Let's try and be reasonable at least.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:54 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Well 2 of the 3 that got canceled we saw yesterday, and one of them the sellers just stayed home anyways and hid out in the office!

The other one...OMG what an outdated, overpriced, synthetic stucco mess that was. The third one, like Andrea said, has a tenant who could care less. I'm done with that one.

We did find one yesterday that is a strong contender and the seller even left out homemade cookies for us.

The problem is that is one of a few custom homes in a neighborhood of mostly non-custom homes. Idk how that fares for resale? I always thought you didn't buy the best house in the neighborhood, and it is definitely in the top three.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:58 AM

720 posts, read 3,006,390 times
In todays market maybe they have showed it so many times, cleaned up so many times gotten out of the house so many times and still hasnt sold.

I agree its not smart to turn down shwoings b/c you could be the buyer but maybe they were having a bad day, just didnt feel like leaving the house, etc.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:57 PM

263 posts, read 889,520 times
We never turned down showings if we could help it, but we did have to turn down 3 in 6 months: one time I had the flu, one time we were hosting my mother's birthday party and our agent already knew that before calling, and one we only had 15 minutes notice. Otherwise we bent over backwards to let people in, keep the house clean etc. I think your experience of seeing the ones that were difficult proved my theory, some people just don't want to sell bad enough.

We have just approved the inspection and are on our way to closing

Old 09-30-2010, 02:57 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,981,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Yes sir and it's the flip side of the coin for sellers who clean up and take the kids and animals out only to later learn the buyers cancelled the appointment or were a no show.

Buying and selling are stressful and it so often comes down to the last minute on both ends.

I'm glad you said this.

BTW, for the realtor who said they would show up anyway, if I was selling my house and I had to cancel a showing...it would be for a good reason, and I certainly would not let you in if you showed up at the door. Sometimes things just can't be helped and I don't think it's an indication of someone not wanting to sell. I understand in this market, a seller has to bow down to the Godly buyers and should make every effort to have the house ready for a showing. While a repeat offender would be a red flag, a one time cancellation could be for a very legitimate reason, ie sick kids.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:00 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,981,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Most? You think MOST sellers are cancelling their showings? You think MOST buyers are not showing up?

Let's try and be reasonable at least.
The person you quoted didn't say most buyers and sellers are cancelling showings or not showing up. They said COMMON COURTESY is being forgotten by not all but most buyers, sellers and agents.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:20 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
The person you quoted didn't say most buyers and sellers are cancelling showings or not showing up. They said COMMON COURTESY is being forgotten by not all but most buyers, sellers and agents.
I would certainly like to here then what are the other reasons why they think MOST buyers, sellers and agents then don't have common courtesy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate