Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 11:58 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I was just trying to figure out what part of the country refers to the US as the Union.
What in tarnation! Clearly y'all ain't Sourthern if y'all ain't never heard it called the Union. That's anything above the Mason-Dixon line or West of the Mississippi.

And Texas ain't the South either so don't try it you bunch of Texas yankees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 06:20 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
"Beyond of being horrible"? I suggest you review your grammer. Almost all of your posts have been barely readable. I'm with Cheryjohns, are you for real?
Grammer? what's that?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:36 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,580,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
Grammer? what's that?
OK, grammar, thanks. Look, as pointed out by Bev, let's refocus on the topic.

I took exception to your perspective that you apparently know the Houston market better than a local experienced agent (unless you are also from the Houston area?). I agree that there are some general marketing/pricing strategies that should be considered. However, someone that knows the local market can better focus on strategies that are known to work in that area. All housing markets in the US are not equal.

If I were the OP, I'd trust Cheryjohns advice more anyone else that does not work in that area.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:11 PM

70 posts, read 120,715 times
ok sorry I was MIA for a bit on this topic. Here is the deal - yes we lowered the price of the house to $200000, no we haven't had anyone look at it but didn't really expect anything over Christmas but do expect it to pick up again in January.

The reason we lowered the price is because my husband got a job in North East Texas and he will be starting after the first of the year. He will have 4 wks training then he needs to be able to live up there. Since the company moves their GM's around alot, we are going completely mobile.

We will be full-timing it in a Class A motorhome for the next few years. More comfy than an apartment, easier because of our two little dogs (no one wants to rent to someone with pets here), and we can live where we want. My husband will have times where he gets a week off between shifts and 2 or 3 days a week off with pay, so he will have time to enjoy going to all the lakes around the area. It is the Lake Country of Texas so there is a bunch to do and see. We are actually excited now about our future and might even offer the house furnished if someone wants it.

I will keep everyone posted on the sale of the house and the turn out but we expect it will sell in January.

Angel

Old 12-31-2010, 07:58 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
I think you will, too. It looks great online.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
You know, that's one of the more unique solutions to your kind of problem I've seen. Great thinking! I think you'll love Northeast Texas.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:55 PM

Thanks TXHorseLady we are actually looking forward to it and checking out RV's and 5th wheelers. We will be able to save a ton of money this way. Had another showing on our house today, but alas, the wrong layout for them. But hey, they said it shows nice LOL!

Angel

Old 01-26-2011, 05:35 PM

Ok everyone, here is the update. We sold the house. Final Price = $197000

It will appraise for well over $200000 but we are being transfered on the 16th and the closing is on the 14th so it is cutting it close as it is.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their insights and help.

Angel

Old 01-26-2011, 09:45 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah_Angel View Post
Ok everyone, here is the update. We sold the house. Final Price = $197000

It will appraise for well over $200000 but we are being transfered on the 16th and the closing is on the 14th so it is cutting it close as it is.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their insights and help.

Angel
Congratulations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate