Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 07:54 PM

158 posts, read 403,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Good for you. we close on Thursday. We are buying though. Interestingly we found that our home was only on the market a few weeks when we made an offer. Our offer was $310,000 for a home that was listed at $319,000 in a neighborhood that has similar homes selling for $340,000. The reason we bought was the price, location, quality of home condition in that order. Plus my wife and I both loved this home.

Sounds like when all things fall into line it doesn't matter where you live a deal is possible. Lucky you for selling. Good job.
Congrats to you as well. Correctly priced houses sell quickly. It is the overpriced, stale listings that don't sell. Those 'sellers' simply watch the bottom drop out from under their listing month after month. Eventually they re-list but they never seem to get the reality that they don't have as much equity in their property as they thought. I have seen a listing nearby that has over 1100 days on the market! It is still listed at double the price per SF of similar houses. I can't imagine wasting my time on a showing of that house. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 11:53 AM

175 posts, read 633,425 times
Wow, that's crazy -- 1100 days! Hoping I fall into the correctly priced area...I had 3 agents give me the same listing price, so that's what I went with last month -- although I was disappointed that prices had dropped so much, I had to accept that that's where the market is right now. I saw two other neighborhood houses come on after me priced at least $100,000 more, so I guess some people are still holding on to hope.

I've only had one showing though and a scattering of folks at the open houses this month. One person looked like they would give an offer but now seems to have a credit problem, so crickets. I guess I'll see what happens after the New Year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate