Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 07:08 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,011,601 times

Advertisements

two saturdays ago my next door neighbor's children set up a lemonade stand. I thought this was the sweetest thing to see because well you just don't see it in massachusetts anymore.

This past sunday while my inlaws were visiting, the ice cream man drove down my street with his song playing, all the kids on my street came running out and bought ice cream from him. My dh told me the ice cream man comes by almost every evening before i get home from work (he's home before me).

Lastly, it's typical to see people riding horseback down my street (there are 2 horse stables on my street) on the weekends.

After seeing all this within a 2 weeks time it got me thinking, when it's time for dh and I to list our home can we "stage" our street during open houses? We would pay my neighbor's kids to have a lemonade stand up during the open house and I would ask a friend (who has a horse at one of the stables) if she could walk down the street during the open house. Ice cream man would be more difficult though. These things do happen on my street just probably not all at the same time. Would this be deceiving and innapropriate for us to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 07:18 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,127,294 times
Sounds like creative marketing to me. I love it.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:09 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,288,275 times
I also love it!

Old 07-13-2007, 08:28 AM

214 posts, read 1,978,453 times
I'd like to "stage" some of the neighbors' houses around my street. Make them look well taken care of, mow their lawn for them, trim their shrubs!

Old 07-13-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamarie View Post
I'd like to "stage" some of the neighbors' houses around my street. Make them look well taken care of, mow their lawn for them, trim their shrubs!
they'd probably get used to it they'd start running off potential buyers just so you could continue taking care of ummm.... i mean "stage" their homes.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:56 AM

14,229 posts, read 29,970,145 times
All of you have got to rent the movie Funny Farm!!!!!!!

This is exactly what these sellers do.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:58 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,018,009 times
Oh I remember Funny Farm - great movie...the neighbors from He**. I think staging your street is an amazing idea - would be great if you could actually pull it off.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
All of you have got to rent the movie Funny Farm!!!!!!!

This is exactly what these sellers do.
REALLY? I honestly don't ever remember watching the movie.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Oh I remember Funny Farm - great movie...the neighbors from He**. I think staging your street is an amazing idea - would be great if you could actually pull it off.
I haven't thought out the entire plan yet other than knowing who to contact. Glad to know this is a good idea. I don't want to go overboard and have it appear as if it's the "perfect little street" type thing but just want to show some of the things that happen on my street during the year (all in one weekend). HA! LOL! I'm thinking the very first open house would be perfect because typically that's when you get the most traffic (of course this could all backfire and no one shows at the first open house but it's a risk i'm willing to take). Just like you hire a stager for your house I would "hire" these people. Give my neighbor's kids $40/50 for the lemonade stand (I believe the kids are 8). The horseback rider either money or something for the horse. Ice cream man $40 just to drive down my street at a certain time. I think that's pretty darn good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate