Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 03:20 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,645,188 times

Advertisements

Wish and want rarely match reality. I think its terrible that beauty and good health is wasted on the young who often abuse these treasures of nature......but that's not going to change how it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 03:22 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,656,530 times
If everyone priced their homes $25-30k higher, they'd all be sitting there, unsold, lol.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:26 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,923,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Wish and want rarely match reality. I think its terrible that beauty and good health is wasted on the young who often abuse these treasures of nature......but that's not going to change how it works.

So very true.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
If everyone priced their homes $25-30k higher, they'd all be sitting there, unsold, lol.
Not if buyers wanted to buy in that area. Consider that those homes were once purchased at a much higher price at one time. Why not now? Who knows? And the buyers would still be getting a good deal. IMO. But, what do I know? Apparently not much or enough. Guess you can't even have a thought without getting flamed all over the place. (not by you...)

Old 02-19-2011, 03:38 PM

6,420 posts, read 7,637,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
You seem to have a thing for this show. Perhaps you should stop watching ? You do realize that the NY market where these agents are working is not at all representative of most real estate markets? As noted before the average agent is lucky to clear $35K in a year.
Actually, I like to mention this as program as everyone can then see their greed and it then isn't limited to only my perception. It is a public display. So, if you claim the avereage agent, only makes $35K/yr. why don't they get a different job? What part of the country makes$35,000? Homeowners are struggling and do have the right negotiate what fees they will pay and to whom. Wake up, the bubble has burst and it is time to change to a more equitable system.

Sadly, when the market does start to improve there will be so many homes flooding it that the prices will be depressed for even longer as homeowners compete for buyers. So, when we are ready to sell & buy, we will use a lawyer as we have learned through experience that we do legal representation for a real estate deal.

BE SURE TO WATCH "SELLING NEW YORK" !

Old 02-19-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Actually, I like to mention this as program as everyone can then see their greed and it then isn't limited to only my perception. It is a public display. So, if you claim the avereage agent, only makes $35K/yr. why don't they get a different job? What part of the country makes$35,000? Homeowners are struggling and do have the right negotiate what fees they will pay and to whom. Wake up, the bubble has burst and it is time to change to a more equitable system.

Sadly, when the market does start to improve there will be so many homes flooding it that the prices will be depressed for even longer as homeowners compete for buyers. So, when we are ready to sell & buy, we will use a lawyer as we have learned through experience that we do legal representation for a real estate deal.

BE SURE TO WATCH "SELLING NEW YORK" !
Can you explain why it is better to use a lawyer? Are you saying that you would use one instead of an RE agent? Sell by owner? That is how I bought my home and they guy we bought from said he will never use an agent again. He said it was a cinch and it was his first time.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:42 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,060,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Not if buyers wanted to buy in that area. Consider that those homes were once purchased at a much higher price at one time. Why not now? Who knows? And the buyers would still be getting a good deal. IMO. But, what do I know? Apparently not much or enough. Guess you can't even have a thought without getting flamed all over the place. (not by you...)
They still have to get loans. And the houses will still have to appraise.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:51 PM

Yes. The appraisal. Another tough hurdle today. Ah well. Sign of the times. What can you do? Don't appraisers use comps too?

Loans. I think most who are putting bids in are already pre-qualified anymore. Can't qualify, don't bother looking. At least that is what the many buyers I know were told. Makes sense, really. Why waste your time and their time?

Old 02-19-2011, 04:00 PM

6,420 posts, read 7,637,828 times
Over my lifetime, I have bought and sold a couple of homes. With each one, there were things the agent should have done but didn't as realtors work on their commission and once the deal is done, they are long gone. A good real estate lawyer will charge you but compared to a realtor commission it isn't such a bad deal - and I am not a fan of lawyers. If your home inspector doesn't do a good job, will it be the realtor or lawyer who will hold him responsible? Just the fact you have legal representation will keep some people more honest. But, even chose your lawyer carefully.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:13 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,520,253 times
What your saying has no merit whatsoever. Your asking why people don't price their homes higher.

Because they are not worth a higher price.

Do you think what you paid for the house or what you want to get for your house has any bearing on what it will sell for?

You say you dont want to overinflate the price of your house but the market says one price your not happy with it so anything over is overinflated.

say I buy a rolex for 2k and find out its fake. I decide to sell it. Do you care I paid 2k for it? Even a nice replica can go for a couple hundred bucks so it has some value but youd ont care that I paid 2k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate